Bob Beswick

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GazzL82

Bob Beswick

Post by GazzL82 »

does anyone else think he's looked a bit over-matched so far playing @ loose forward? think it'd be a better idea to move stephen wild in from the centre to play the second row letting danny tickle move to loose forward with aspi @ centre and colbon outside him

or given the way wayne godwin's been playing can we give him a go @ loose forward? watching him play looks like we could start him @ prop & he'd still have a stormer!!
GeoffN

Re: Bob Beswick

Post by GeoffN »

I'd like to see Wild given a chance at loose forward.

Aspi at centre inside Colbon definitely - we've seen that Aspi doesn't have a winger's pace, whereas Liam certainly does!
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Got to say they should give Liam Colbon a fair crack of the whip. When he has played, he has been on fire. Give the kid a chance.
Brian's Girl

mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Colbon and melling are both studying for degrees, these are the only wigan players who are studying apparantly, so why are some of the others not getting a chance like hargreaves prescott coyle etc, agreed about colbon though, hes a pretty quick dude
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GazzL82 posted:
does anyone else think he's looked a bit over-matched so far playing @ loose forward? think it'd be a better idea to move stephen wild in from the centre to play the second row letting danny tickle move to loose forward with aspi @ centre and colbon outside him
Beswick is only 13 stone. Compare him to Andy Farrell on size alone and you see what we are missing.

I thought Allen was a better bet atloose forward as he seems a big lad and he is 14 Stone 9lb or 93kg

I agree about moving Wild into the pack but alongside Tickle to givehansen a rest and bringing in Aspwinall playing Colbon on the wing.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Beswick and Hargreaves were both at Sam's bar tonight, and I was amazed how tiny they looked next to Scully!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Geoff, Beswick last year was described as a Hooker on the club website, I think he has only become a back row forward out of injured necessity so he will be a bit light there.
I think Denis is the only one in Wigan who does not think that Wild in the back row, Aspinwall at centre and Colborn on the wing would be better all around
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

Beswick was on the verge of being loaned out before all the injuries, and I recon thats what will happen when we have a full squad !

Not big enough, or good enough.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think you are being far too harsh about him. He looks to be very skilful to me. I thought he was a hooker, and his size and speed for a hooker his age seem ok to me. I happen to think we look ok for cover in the backs, as Melling and Colbon both look talented.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

i reckon beswick is a very talented youngester. Last year I think he looked very promising coming of the bench and same this season whilst he has started. I also think that he is a very good leg tackler.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!