changes that would have won the game.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: changes that would have won the game.

Post by NICKYKISS »

If Noble dropped McIlorum for next weeks game then it's the final nail in his coffin as far as i'm concerned.

He's been outsatnding and has to play. I think he will as even Nobles not daft enough to leave a lad out thats playing to the standard McILorums reaching at the moment. He's only a young kid but he'd leading the pack with his enthusiasim and tough defence.

I fully expect to see the same side again with Sam Tomkins missing out.
pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

Is it possible sam was dropped because the rain made it hard to run and keep your feet. Hes smaller than other players and with the hits in the game may not have come though unscathed. Is it possible that it was actually a matter of "duty of care" that in this case was correct. (i would have liked to see him play but i dont think his presence would have made a massive difference)

With regards to ainscough, a bloke in stand next to me said he was dropped regarding his last display in reserves. He told me he was responsible for conceding two tries and reckons we wont see him until his defense improves.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieaddict wrote:Is it possible sam was dropped because the rain made it hard to run and keep your feet. Hes smaller than other players and with the hits in the game may not have come though unscathed. Is it possible that it was actually a matter of "duty of care" that in this case was correct. (i would have liked to see him play but i dont think his presence would have made a massive difference)
I haven't noticed Leeds dropping Burrow every time it rains...
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

IMO Sam would have benifitted from the conditions, he would have been hard to control in the rain with his zippyness if you will. Riddell did very little realy! I still can't believe he dropped Sam for Riddell who just walked back in from injury..... :conf:
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

Sam actually told us outside before the game that he wasn't playing.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

What happened to the adage of sticking with a winning team?

Let's go back to Plan A. In a tight game speed (thought, hands, running) wins out, wihout Tomkins and Ainscough our chances diminish.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards