Wigan lose to wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: Wigan lose to wire

Post by waterside glens »

turf wrote:Also another point about Thaler, he also gave us more decision in the game than Silverwood did last week. Example, Feka reefed it out, Thaler gives a knock on against Warrington.

Silverwood would have given a penalty to Warrington.
:eusa9: how do you know what silverwood would have given it's pure speculation and nonesense
turf

Post by turf »

The penalty count was about 4 - 8 to Warrington. I know you disagree GeoffN, but I will also say that Thaler was a lot Better than RS last week.

Mind you, he couldn't have been much worse!!! :wink:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

thaler was rubbish and if you can't see that you need a trip to specsavers
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not a huge point but Roberts kicked the ball once and it went a great distance. Maybe he has some kicking ability that could be utilised. From hand not place kicking.
jammie

Post by jammie »

what i find frustrating is that we have prop the size of feka and we are five yards from the try line and we never use him, he is always the dummy runner get him running at full tilt give him the bloody ball and smash them to bits.i am sorry to say this but we look a far better balanced team with phelps at full back,richards on the left wing,tommy & MM interchangeing at hooker and sam tompkins & smith(when available) at half backs,it's then between roberts & ainscough for the right wing position.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

turf

Post by turf »

waterside glens wrote:
turf wrote:Also another point about Thaler, he also gave us more decision in the game than Silverwood did last week. Example, Feka reefed it out, Thaler gives a knock on against Warrington.

Silverwood would have given a penalty to Warrington.
:eusa9: how do you know what silverwood would have given it's pure speculation and nonesense
Not it ain't, because Silverwood is a "homer" don't forget. Hull KR got everything to help them win, and it would have been same again.
turf

Post by turf »

Thaler forgot the tackle count in the second half. Did anyone hear him, saying to the VR, Ian Smith about four minutes into the secon half, "is that four Ian".

Wasn't it Gansons that it happened to last time? I'm sure it was.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf wrote:The penalty count was about 4 - 8 to Warrington...
I'd be prepared to bet it was a lot higher (especially theirs, I reckon they got 8 or more in the second half alone, and I only remember us getting one).
turf

Post by turf »

It could have been more GeoffN, but that is a wild guess. I am still sticking by 4 - 8 to Warrington.

He doesn't seem to give as many penalties as the other referees in my opinion Ben Thaler, and tend to keep it flowing as much as he possibly can.

Most of the time, you can over hear him, shouting, "stand up", as if to say, "I'm not going to give a penalty for that, so get on with it".

Did anyone lip read Fielden when Riley scored that try, pointing at Thaler, saying, "you, f*****g bent b*****d".

Yet I saw the replays of the two penalties that Fielden conceded and there is no point in blaming and pointing at Ben Thaler, because Fielden shoul have made an attempt to get out of the way, instead of trying to con Mr Thaler who wasn't having any of it and rightly penalised Fielden, twice.

I'll bet Fielden was saying worse than that to RS last week. Someone on here said that he was going mad with Silverwood after he gave one of the Hull KR tries last week.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

turf wrote:Did anyone lip read Fielden when Riley scored that try, pointing at Thaler, saying, "you, f*****g bent b*****d".

Yet I saw the replays of the two penalties that Fielden conceded and there is no point in blaming and pointing at Ben Thaler, because Fielden shoul have made an attempt to get out of the way, instead of trying to con Mr Thaler who wasn't having any of it and rightly penalised Fielden, twice.
Scarily... I find myself agreeing with you on this one Turfy lol :wink: