CC Semi's: WIGAN v WARRINGTON

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: CC Semi's: WIGAN v WARRINGTON

Post by GeoffN »

turf wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:No doubt you'll be choosing the ref for both games. . .
zzzZZZzzz
Bit old isn't it?

Anyway back on the thread topic, I think one semi finaly will be at widnes althought I hope not because it doesn't old muany and Wigan v Wire will attract a huge crowd
13.5k capacity. Nowhere near enough. We'd draw 20k for that game, IMO.

turf

Post by turf »

I said GeoffN that Widnes didn't hold many I wasn't sure exectly.

Like you also say GeoffN, it will hopwefully be a bumper crowd.
j+jsgran

Post by j+jsgran »

I`ve just read might be a double header at Widnes. :o
`I want to win something this year pls `
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

j+jsgran wrote:I`ve just read might be a double header at Widnes. :o
That would be totally ridiculous! We could fill Widnes with just Wigan fans.
turf

Post by turf »

GeoffN wrote:
j+jsgran wrote:I`ve just read might be a double header at Widnes. :o
That would be totally ridiculous! We could fill Widnes with just Wigan fans.
True
doc

Post by doc »

Wigan vs Wire brings back happy memories of Joe's drop goal at Maine Road. Hope I will remeber this one for a good reason as well!
ian b

Post by ian b »

I wanted stains in the semi aswell cp because i think we would have a better chance of beating them.I might be getting cynical in my old age but that warming the balls up theory is starting to be more believeable after that draw!!! :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ian b wrote:I wanted stains in the semi aswell cp because i think we would have a better chance of beating them.I might be getting cynical in my old age but that warming the balls up theory is starting to be more believeable after that draw!!! :D
My thinking too re Saints Ian. Wire are difficult for us because they have a strong front row and we like to get on top up front in order to win.

Mind you the Semis are several weeks away and form / player injury may well alter by then.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

We can certainly win this one but we must subdue Morley,Carvell and Rauhihi.They were superb on Saturday.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We have 2 months to wait for this, so goodness knows how things will look then. 2 months ago we'd have won by 50 points, now it's even, but they are in form and we aren't, so I reckon give it time and we could well be pretty confident. 2 things reassure me - first, their team has a lot of traditionally injury prone old lags, such as Morley, Carvell and Rauhihi (ie their main weapons) - I would be surprise if they were all fit and firing in a couple of weeks let alone months. Second, we seem to enjoy hard, dry pitches and the leter part of the season, and so should get better and better.

The key thing to work out is which 4 from the 5 halves/hookers to go with. It seems to me that Smith, Leuluai, Sam and MM are the best combination, with Tommy playing effectively as interchange hooker, but maybe Piggy will get fit and start to show something like decent form. Plus Noble has a couple of months to try and coach Ainsy into a better defensive player, as we need far more of a threat on the right than Roberts seems able to muster.

Finally, we need to put Hock in cotton wool...