Celtic v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Celtic v Wigan

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

TedMac wrote:Born in Wigan, within earshot of Central Park. Seen some fine teams over the years and a few not so fine ones. Same applies to coaches but the underachieving, uninspiring Nobby is too much for me this season. We have quite a few good players but we fall farther and farther behind the Saints machine every year.
I really thought Lenagan would begin to make us a force again but we're going nowhere at all and both mature and young players are being wasted. Nobby has had more than enough time but has totally failed to build a consistent team or bring the best out of any of the players. Shake his hand, wish him all the best and ask him to leave - now!

For the rest of this season, I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'll keep an eye on Wigan but go and watch some lesser teams, especially Barrow. They might be minnows but they're more motivated, better coached and, for a team with few fans and little cash, they're bloody marvellous. Maybe next year I'll watch St Pats! I'll start paying money to watch Wigan again when I have even the tiniest bit of belief that I am watching a team going somewhere.

:eusa2:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

TedMac wrote:Born in Wigan, within earshot of Central Park. Seen some fine teams over the years and a few not so fine ones. Same applies to coaches but the underachieving, uninspiring Nobby is too much for me this season. We have quite a few good players but we fall farther and farther behind the Saints machine every year.
I really thought Lenagan would begin to make us a force again but we're going nowhere at all and both mature and young players are being wasted. Nobby has had more than enough time but has totally failed to build a consistent team or bring the best out of any of the players. Shake his hand, wish him all the best and ask him to leave - now!

For the rest of this season, I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'll keep an eye on Wigan but go and watch some lesser teams, especially Barrow. They might be minnows but they're more motivated, better coached and, for a team with few fans and little cash, they're bloody marvellous. Maybe next year I'll watch St Pats! I'll start paying money to watch Wigan again when I have even the tiniest bit of belief that I am watching a team going somewhere.

you are scraping the barrel with St Pats get down the BRIDGE instead
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ted watch the reserves. They keep me sane.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Ted watch the reserves. They keep me sane.
That's a matter of opinion... :wink:
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

CP i used to go to all reserve games i think now is the time i started doing it again
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

GeoffN wrote:
That's a matter of opinion... :wink:
I should have added allegedly :D
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

i didnt know where to put this but..

if we we win the CC what will people think of noble?

keep him cos he's brought success or sack him for other reasons?
To be the best
you have to beat the best
wooder

Post by wooder »

it dose not hurt me any more loseing . this is the turning point ? its nothing to do with the coach ? if a player cant catch or gives away a penalty its the players falt? this team is as good as any in supper league . this is called sport you have to fight to win lets start with the fans get beind the team win lose draw this is wigan this is our team do not give up . it will turn round believe me .
jammie

Post by jammie »

it's getting very hard to get behind a team that has a coach that still belives he can win games by playing one man rugby down the middle,and has has failed to make this once great club great again,and the longer he stays the further he is draging us down.we need a new coach and a change in direction asap.i also had high hopes that lenagan would be a no nonsense chairman but am beginning to wonder if he has the balls for the job,if he has then he has to cut some dead wood adrift,the best signing he has made is mick hogan as chief exec.and last but not least it's getting hard to get behind players who seem only concerned with picking up there pay packets,and show a complete disregard for all the loyal supporters who spend there hard earned cash following the team we love,bring back the old payment method basic wage and a bonus if you win ,if you lose you get sod all that should sort out the pre-maddonas.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

wooder wrote:it dose not hurt me any more loseing . this is the turning point ? its nothing to do with the coach ? if a player cant catch or gives away a penalty its the players falt? this team is as good as any in supper league . this is called sport you have to fight to win lets start with the fans get beind the team win lose draw this is wigan this is our team do not give up . it will turn round believe me .
the fans are behind the team, win lose or draw, but there is only so much we can take , i like a hell of a lot more people have supported this team since i was a youngster and have done through the bad times, the glory days and back to the bad times, but this is the biggest shower of dung i have witnessed. in these times of low wages at work fifty to 80 quid a fortnight for us in whitehaven is a lot of hard earned cash to give a team who are getting paid for something they enjoy, but not delivering the goods. sorry mate this will not turn round while noble gets his way, and with some of his waste of space players still here