2010?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: 2010?

Post by Mike »

I didn't renew for the first time this season. Partially work and partially drifting away. Turns out I was right because I've been away with work a lot this season. But usually I'd have been down in Bridgend this weekend - but not this year, I guess its a bit boring watching Wigan at the moment. I'm starting to pick and choose even my away games.

I'll wait for work details and what the new season offers for 2010.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Yes, because by then Noble will have gone and we will be filled with new optimism.

The right coach, Wigan youngsters in the team, the right overseas signings and a brand of rugby that we have been used to for over a century will have the armchair critics flooding back.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Are you a current season ticket holder?

Will you be renewing in 2010?

Are you more likely / less likely to attend matches in 2010?
I will renew. It's a family thing and I want to keep my son in the habit of supporting the side even if we are dross.

Whether I will bust a gut in an attempt to get to all home games is another matter.

For Salford I drove from Runcorn back to Chester, from Chester to Hindley Green to pick my Dad up, from there to the game, then back to Hindley Green to drop my Dad off than on home to Chester.

I tend to arrange things around the RL as well but lately I have not been checking the calendar so rigorously for clashes.

Next season a lot will depend of who is coaching the side as to what my attitude will be.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote:
We're 10 rows in front of you and a bit to your left: W 150-154
:D

Give us a wave next game!
That is just two rows in front of us, 154,155 & 156.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO wrote:
GeoffN wrote:

That is just two rows in front of us, 154,155 & 156.

Dave
:eusa3:
THE JUDGE

Post by THE JUDGE »

Without a shadow of a doubt, I may even bring my nurse along.
By and large we have the best supporters in the league, and I would miss the banter.[/i]
Following a Judicial Review of my computer, I hope I have now resolved my inability to participate
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

i will be renewing, i love to watch and support my team, no matter how bad we are. the only reason i would stop would be if i stopped enjoying the game in general. or redundancy i suppose.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

BIG AL wrote:Yes i'm a season ticket and will be renewing But the reason i'm renewing is because I am a Warriors fan .I might not like the way the season is going .But a true fan sticks with the team through the good and the bad
i'm with you on this
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

GeoffN wrote:
Sutty wrote:
GeoffN wrote: You must be somewhere near us, then!

I've kept my season ticket through worse times than this, so yes, I'll be renewing.
Without looking on my ticket, I think it's GG 167?

was in R152 last year below Geoff but due to AN F'ING WEDDING i choose matches due to cost.

I will be getting myself on the ladder again next year might even go West, my partner hasn't been to 1 game this season and I doubt she will be available for a season ticket.

will always watch Wigan when I can.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Mike,

I'm surprised at you - you've always been mustard keen. Maybe you feel a bit like me.

I'll be renewing, mainly out of bloody minded obstinance, but I'll admit at the moment i can't generate any enthuasiasm for the season and the games in general. It's just really flat and boring and you can't blame just Nobby for that. The vibe I have is that the club is just drifting along without a clear vision or a strategy to get us there.

I'm not excited and I've missed 3 games in total this year. 2 were with doing triathlons, but the last Salford home game I just couldn't be arsed with the logistic hassle of going. I'd have never done that in the past.