Carl Webb

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Carl Webb

Post by Panchitta Marra »

OAMJS wrote:
highland convert wrote:Well he is strong :) 2nd strongest in NRL
The strongest is Kylie LeuLeui from Manyl... he can benchpress 200kg
The closest to him is carl webb with 165 kgs
my eldest lad can bench press 185 and was a stand off so our stand offs are nearly as strong as the aussie props (???????????)
If you dedicate your time to solely doing weights, day in day out you will obviously become very strong as a young person. In general, I dont think Rugby League players tend to do this, as there are different training methods for differing atributes such as stamina, speed and strength alike.
pedro

Post by pedro »

cant do weights all the time will be strong but unfit, need to be part of the workout no doubt but in sessions
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:His manager said that unless this was forthcoming then his client would need to look at other options!
That's what worries me when the club are looking for players, if this report is correct it appears that his manager is pushing for a decision.

In my opinion we can't be rushed anymore into making signings and then come to regret it later. I'd sooner the club does their homework properly and we ensure that any player recruited will improve the team not keep it at the same standard or even lower it.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

100% Warrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan club wrote:His manager said that unless this was forthcoming then his client would need to look at other options!
That's what worries me when the club are looking for players, if this report is correct it appears that his manager is pushing for a decision.

In my opinion we can't be rushed anymore into making signings and then come to regret it later. I'd sooner the club does their homework properly and we ensure that any player recruited will improve the team not keep it at the same standard or even lower it.
kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

OAMJS wrote:
highland convert wrote:Well he is strong :) 2nd strongest in NRL
The strongest is Kylie LeuLeui from Manyl... he can benchpress 200kg
The closest to him is carl webb with 165 kgs
my eldest lad can bench press 185 and was a stand off so our stand offs are nearly as strong as the aussie props (???????????)
Is your son Greg Inglis by any chance? :wink: