Myler to Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Myler to Wire

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ancientnloyal wrote:Can the Wigan club afford to let him go elsewhere, we need someone in his position, he's english and young so that will go a long way towards our goal of having more english players and in a key position which is a bonus.

IL might be making a smokescreen, some have criticised him in the past myself included but if we get Myler it would be 100% business.

As a club, if we're in for Long we should almost certainly be in for Myler currently. We have the funds (transfer wise) to get him here thats no question. The question is is 'Wigan' still attractive to players of rugby league? 10 years ago would a 19 year old rather play for wigan or warrington? To the younger players is Wigan still 'the' team?

a bonus is that he has Martin Offiah as his agent.
Hopefully he will also know that Wigan have a great squad for the future which could be based round his talents.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote:Can the Wigan club afford to let him go elsewhere, we need someone in his position, he's english and young so that will go a long way towards our goal of having more english players and in a key position which is a bonus.
Good point. How many half backs are available who would give us 10 years service? We either go for an Aussie who will stick around for 3 years if that or we try and emulate what Leeds and Saints have done and get a stable half back partnership for years to come.

If Salford make Myler available being outbid on the transfer fee front is not an option IMO. Bailey and Phelps wages ought to leave enough in the pot to meet wage demands.
The question is is 'Wigan' still attractive to players of rugby league? 10 years ago would a 19 year old rather play for wigan or warrington? To the younger players is Wigan still 'the' team?
The longer Noble remains coach the less attractive the club will be IMO. Myler can see what we all see and it can't be an attractive proposition to play in a side like ours plays under Noble.

This is one reason IL ought to be announcing Noble's successor. Any potential transfer targets will want to know who their coach will be and it may well make a difference if they sign or not.

Dave
valley5warrior

Post by valley5warrior »

stefan ratchford with out a doubt a future gb player mark my words sorry 4 late reply been away on the drink 4 a few days :butb:
Panchitta Marra

valley5warrior wrote:stefan ratchford with out a doubt a future gb player mark my words sorry 4 late reply been away on the drink 4 a few days :butb:
Maybe so, but he still aint head and shoulders above Myler.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I,ve heard that Wigan have made an offer to Salford for Myler of Goulding,Hansen & £100k.Not sure how true but pretty god source.
Panchitta Marra

gillysmyhero wrote:I,ve heard that Wigan have made an offer to Salford for Myler of Goulding,Hansen & £100k.Not sure how true but pretty god source.
I would have thought Salford have been inundated with offers for Myler, and much better ones than this from Wigan, if it is true.
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

gillysmyhero wrote:I,ve heard that Wigan have made an offer to Salford for Myler of Goulding,Hansen & £100k.Not sure how true but pretty god source.
Maybe with the enevitable departure of Hock we would not need to get rid of the above two players, Hock must have been on a very good wage, still can't believe he has done this, as they say on das army "stupid boy"
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Would be a real shame if Myler went to wire; would be a real waste of his talents.

Pairing him with Tomkins could potentially build a partnership that could last ten years. Unfortunately we aren't much more of a pull than wire are at the momoent
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

Matthew wrote:Would be a real shame if Myler went to wire; would be a real waste of his talents.

Pairing him with Tomkins could potentially build a partnership that could last ten years. Unfortunately we aren't much more of a pull than wire are at the momoent
If the money is right theres no reason he wouldnt come to Wigan.
As Ancient & Loyal also said, its a good 10 years business in the offing, based on that right financial negociation.
Looks like Lenehan hasnt even been looking at the Myler option with his interest already indicated for Finch.
I know who I would rather have.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Myler to Saints, Eastmond to Wigan?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards