Wigan are After Signing...

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Wigan are After Signing...

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote:
oval balls wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Big talk today that Danny Brough was with the Wigan coach Noble and directors all day today
from what source
and don,t say tomato or hp
I do not think that we have got Carl Webb as I have just watched round 20 of the Cowboys v Penrith and they said that as Tronk has now gone to the Super League, the door was now firmly shut on Webb leaving.
I think Tronk has been linked with signing for Wakefield.

Dave
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

According to IL tonight we are not signing anyone for next season,because we have no money left under the salary cap
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

gillysmyhero wrote:According to IL tonight we are not signing anyone for next season,because we have no money left under the salary cap
As I have already stated on another thread, this suits me just fine. At least, we will no longer be asked to bear with new players until they settle in.

Lets see if we can start a new season in the same way we finished an old one!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

gillysmyhero wrote:According to IL tonight we are not signing anyone for next season,because we have no money left under the salary cap

He did add that if the right player came along that he could be accomadated in the team by loaning out players.He also added that the players wanted monopoly money who he had talked too in Aus that meant to sign 1 player 4 would have too leave as most of the younger squad are on £50k
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jaws1 wrote:

He did add that if the right player came along that he could be accomadated in the team by loaning out players.He also added that the players wanted monopoly money who he had talked too in Aus that meant to sign 1 player 4 would have too leave as most of the younger squad are on £50k
That's highlighted in the WEP account, where they quote him as saying:
"We went after Lockyer, of course we did, but are we going to spend £300,000? We went in for Karmichael Hunt but the guy has gone for £480,000, that would represent almost a third of our salary cap. There was no sense to it."
Much as I'd love to see Hunt here (though not Lockyer, at his age), that's a sensible statement, IMO.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

NOBODY END OF STORY!
juanpablo

Post by juanpablo »

Paul Johnson has signed for Huddersfield so you can end that rumour now!!!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Cannot see any half decent player joining us after Saturdays debacle] :angry:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

GeoffN wrote:
jaws1 wrote:
gillysmyhero wrote:According to IL tonight He also added that the players wanted monopoly money who he had talked too in Aus that meant to sign 1 player 4 would have too leave as most of the younger squad are on £50k
Don't believe that for a minute. Kevin Brown went to Huddersfield after a year where we were paying him £7500 because we generously upped his following seasons offer to £20k, I suspect the likes of Tomkinsx2, Flannagan, Mossop etc may now have gone up to £25k with Ainscough scuttling about on £10k
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

It would be barely legal for SA to be on 10k. Minimum wage laws say he should get that much. Then due to match time antisocial hours etc must be more. Jim