Well done Feka

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Well done Feka

Post by cpwigan »

The big guy dug in tonight and whatsmore put some real effort in to get back whenever Wire made a break. Stuart Fielden must be somewhat embarassed that Feka 'sprinted' past him to make a tackle.
bikerharry

Re: Well done Feka

Post by bikerharry »

Didn't get to watch the second half, (working tonight,good job we've got intranet here) but I thought all the players that were criticized last week for lack of effort, stepped up tonight and did their bit, including Fielden. Well done gents, a thoroughly enjoyable first half and from what I've heard,second half too.
:eusa2:
ellery 4 coach

Post by ellery 4 coach »

imo fekas worst game in a wigan shirt last weekend but he put in 100% effort this week 1 more thing i think weve got a real gem in mossop he could be 1 of the games best next year, i dont think hes ready for prop yet but 2nd row could be ready made replacement for hock
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ellery 4 coach wrote:imo fekas worst game in a wigan shirt last weekend but he put in 100% effort this week 1 more thing i think weve got a real gem in mossop he could be 1 of the games best next year, i dont think hes ready for prop yet but 2nd row could be ready made replacement for hock
He was making a lot more "hard yards" than Fielden was.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He is a prop more than a back rower. He likes driving the ball close to the right side of the POTB and does not have the skill of the best back rowers. He is a better prop than Fielden that is for sure.
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

I hope they dont renew his contract through, he is a good player. But he has had four seasone in a wigan shirt too shed weight and as far as i can see he has put more on. As soon as teams start closing him down, he shy's out the game imo.
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
botica

Post by botica »

As soon as Feka and Fielden came on we started to score. Wonder if the wire chant of YFB spurred him on!!
Fielden was better too, his defence was immence and saved the line a couple of times.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

botica wrote:As soon as Feka and Fielden came on we started to score. Wonder if the wire chant of YFB spurred him on!!
Fielden was better too, his defence was immence and saved the line a couple of times.
Did you notice they came on at exactly they same time as they did last week? Bang on the 20 minute mark.

The question mark over Feka is can he keep this level of of performance up or can he only do it if he gets a rocket and may be facing the chop?

Dave
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

botica wrote:As soon as Feka and Fielden came on we started to score. Wonder if the wire chant of YFB spurred him on!!
I think the Wire chant had a tremendous effect, not on Feka personally but on their own defenders who all rushed in to meet him when they heard this.
Our first try try came following his first drive when the defenders all rushed under their own posts to meet him and Pat scored out wide.
Two more came indirectly from offloads of Feka's when he had defenders swinging off him.
I am still slightly confused as to why he was taken off after 3 minutes of the 2nd half, and whether or not this is the best use of our substitutes.

A few of our trys tonight came off the back of dominant runs by forwards. The best try of the night (Carmont's first) came on the back of of a great burst by Mossop who would command a place in the starting 17 of all other Super League clubs, irrespective of being young and British.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shaun1967 wrote: The best try of the night (Carmont's first) came on the back of of a great burst by Mossop who would command a place in the starting 17 of all other Super League clubs, irrespective of being young and British.
He would at Hudds that is for sure. The comments made by their coach were barely legal in terms of anti-tampering the way he was singing his praises when we recalled him from his loan spell.

Dave