has anyone heard any news on the Gareth Hock situation?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
georgeorwell

has anyone heard any news on the Gareth Hock situation?

Post by georgeorwell »

Seems to have gone very quiet
cherrywarrior

Re: has anyone heard any news on the Gareth Hock situation?

Post by cherrywarrior »

He's busy catering for the good people of Wigan!

Seriously though, wasnt there supposed to be some hearing or other last Friday?
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

georgeorwell wrote:Seems to have gone very quiet
He had until the 21st of this month to appeal if he was going to. If he didn't (and I assume he didn't) then the two year ban kicks in automatically back dated to the day he was originally suspended.

I guess its just paper work and red tape being gone through before there is any official announcement.

Dave
Poster

Post by Poster »

Short piece in todays Observer confirming he did not appeal and therefore RFL has confirmed his two year suspension from first suspension in June until 2010.
No word from the club on his future after that date. He will not be receiving any contract payments during the period of his suspension
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I believe his Fastfood Business is near the Wigan Investment Centre.

No appeal. Take the punishment. This is confirmed in the Wigan Observer today and by the RFL. The Observer claim nothing has been agree re his future post ban which is nonsense. He has to meet certain requirements during his ban and will signm a new contract post ban if he does so. It was agreed weeks ago.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

cpwigan wrote:I believe his Fastfood Business is near the Wigan Investment Centre.

No appeal. Take the punishment. This is confirmed in the Wigan Observer today and by the RFL. The Observer claim nothing has been agree re his future post ban which is nonsense. He has to meet certain requirements during his ban and will signm a new contract post ban if he does so. It was agreed weeks ago.
Got told Wigan would pay his morgage and give him some spenders on condition he stays clean, keeps fit and signs a new 4 year deal when his sentance is served.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No comment Lucky :wink:
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

lucky is correct, hocky has been told his futures safe if he keeps clean and fair due to wigan for keeping hold of potentially a legend who could be a legender
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

lucky 13 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I believe his Fastfood Business is near the Wigan Investment Centre.

Got told Wigan would pay his morgage and give him some spenders on condition he stays clean, keeps fit and signs a new 4 year deal when his sentance is served.
I'd be surprised if Wigan can pay his mortgage. It would show up on the accounts and must be against the rules. It boils down to a two year paid holiday for drug taking and so if that is what they are doing, I don't agree with it.

I have no problem with them retaining his registration and offering him a new deal if he stays clean over the next two years but paying him while he is on his sabbatical with his burger van is not on IMO.

As to him staying clean he has no option but to do so if he wants to play RL again. He must submit to regular testing during the two years and if he is caught again it is a life time ban.

In other words this isn't Wigan setting the agenda here i.e. stay clean and you get a new deal, it is the WADA rules that require him to stay clean if he wants to play again either at Wigan or anywhere else.

Dave