Wembley 2010

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mickh

Wembley 2010

Post by mickh »

Just got back from Wembley but it is not the same being there without cheering your own team on!

Mr Lenigan,
Wigan needs to be there next year, we were at the top in the Huddersfield end and what a magnificent sight, and noise, (My mind was mentally transfering the shirts worn by the team's spectators into Wigan's shirts) and there would be more of us! There were a lot of empty spaces.

Yup! It's no good being second, third, fourth anymore Wigan needs to be First, and, Wembley needs Wigan RLFC.

I'll go and sit in a darkened room with a couple of beers and remenice (?) till the longing has passed!
kitt green warriors

Re: Wembley 2010

Post by kitt green warriors »

I went yesterday 1st time at the new Wembley and that is an awesome stadium even at £9.40 for a pint of guiness and a hot dog (Even Dick Turpin wore a mask), we were sat under the royal box and the top tier of the Huudersfield end was not even half full. It would have been fantastic us against saints or wire full house definitely. Im just want to go with Wigan.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

kitt green warriors wrote:I went yesterday 1st time at the new Wembley and that is an awesome stadium even at £9.40 for a pint of guiness and a hot dog (Even Dick Turpin wore a mask), we were sat under the royal box and the top tier of the Huudersfield end was not even half full. It would have been fantastic us against saints or wire full house definitely. Im just want to go with Wigan.
Yes I agree with you there, the stadium is fantastic - inside. I think outside it is just a concrete mess with no proper atmosphere :(

I went for the first final when it returned to Wembley, Saints v Catalans, and I'm sorry, but think we have been spoiled with the Millennium stadium. For me, that is a fantastic venue, with everything for rugby fans.

The only thing wrong with it is that it isn't suitable for football supporters :exc: Too many pubs & bars for them to get rat arsed and start fighting :sly:

Welcome to the site by the way :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

3rd time at the new Wembley , enjoyed the game but it needs to be full to create a decent atmophere .Attendance 76,000 they must have been counting seats and not supporters lots of empty spaces . Millennium stadium far better plus it's in the city centre.No atmosphere outside the stadium because it is in the middle of nowhere .Get the Warriors there next year and we will show them how fill a stadium .
2002 and EW is hooked