Ganson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Webby1971

Ganson

Post by Webby1971 »

Hate doing this cuz it just sounds like sour grapes but hGanson and co. robbed us of that game, too many little decisions to put on ere but you'll all know what I mean. My point is once again is How the hell does a fella born and bred in St Helens and a former member of the St Helens Jnr fan club get to ref that game when there was only 1 other game this weekend, surely the logical thing to do was Ganson Leeds v. Cats and Silverwood Saints v. Wigan or is that too simple??? I cant really blame Ganson, it's a natural instinct to go with your own team, I would, I blame the RFL, they shouldn't put Ganson in that position. It's like Jnr Rugby when the opposing coach refs the game, it nearly always courses trouble.
Kittwazzer

Re: Ganson

Post by Kittwazzer »

Webby1971 wrote: It's like Jnr Rugby when the opposing coach refs the game, it nearly always courses trouble.
Boyoboyoboy, will I ever drink to that one mate!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad:
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

you can bet that he gets the grand final!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jolleymike wrote:you can bet that he gets the grand final!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure that is nailed on!

But what can we do. We don't have any referees of our own. I can't think of a Wigan ref since John McDonald in the '70s

Anybody?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

the connolly brothers but before the age of being able to ref your home town club

the exception to this was Holdsworth who was from a suburb of Leeds, but they used to say he was from somewhere else to justify refereeing leeds

ganson did us no favours tonight
ian b

Post by ian b »

i agree the guy is total shithead and loves himself but he didnt cost us the game wigan did it to themselves
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ian b wrote:i agree the guy is total shithead and loves himself but he didnt cost us the game wigan did it to themselves
Agreed. We are simply not good enough, the only way that will change is if we recruit three or four top class aussies and get rid of the dross we signed last year.

Let's not forget that we finished sixth in a very ordinary league!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ian b

Post by ian b »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:
ian b wrote:i agree the guy is total shithead and loves himself but he didnt cost us the game wigan did it to themselves
Agreed. We are simply not good enough, the only way that will change is if we recruit three or four top class aussies and get rid of the dross we signed last year.

Let's not forget that we finished sixth in a very ordinary league!
id get rid of phelps,riddell,roberts(i think)coley.I reckon Mr Noble might take a couple of players with him.As for signing Aussies i can see your reasoning but when we lose players like Flanagan i feel we should be bringing more youngsters through
jammie

Post by jammie »

the guy is a jumped up little prick,peolple have been saying in recent games he has done alright by us at murryfield,my response was wait until something big was riding on it like a place in the grand final and we will see who he sides with.some of his decisions were beyond belief,and to then show his BIAS mistakes on the big screen was laughable.granted we didn't help ourselves we played some panic football when there was no need to, but those bad/wrong decisions did add up and gave stains the platform to go forward and relieve the pressure,hang your head in shame ganson you are a joke always have been always will be.we must learn from tonight and go forward,with some fresh ideas from whoever takes over as coach and one or two good signings i think we can.it doesn't stop the pain of the loss tonight because they were there for the taking but our time isn't far away we just have to believe.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Ganson made one errror of judgement that gifted SH terrority at a crucial point in the game when he penalised Wigan for an incorrect Ball strip (i think). Saints scored off the next set to take the lead 10-6. But he missed the forward pass in Paddys class try, so it levels.

No sour grapes. I thought he reffed the game well.