Magic Weekend: Wigan Warriors Vs Huddersfield Giants

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dezzer 1952

Re: Magic Weekend: Wigan Warriors Vs Huddersfield Giants

Post by Dezzer 1952 »

Earlier this evening I visited the Saints Fans Forum and the majority of their comments were negative towards the fixtures. Many of their fans also seem disillusioned with the MM and would prefer it to be replaced with playing the quarter final of the CC instead.Low attendances are feared. Perhaps the current economic climate is hitting harder than we think! Maybe the fans are'nt prepared to part with their hard earned cash to go and watch a weekend of lack lustre fixtures. This is not my opinion just an observation.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I wont be going, would do if it was Saints or Wire but not shelling out just to watch Huddersfield and their coach load of fans.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

The RFL have every opportunity to pull in big crowds here.

Games that always go over the 15k mark.
Wigan v Stains,
Leeds v Bradford,
Hull FC v Hull KR.
Its the rivalry that brings in the fans for the bragging rights after their team has won.

I have always thought it about the RFL.

We have a hell of a sport to watch yet the RFL cant get it right to protect it.

They are a pack of uninventive wasters.
wm_warrior

Post by wm_warrior »

What a joke this is.
Wigan warriors 2010 engage superleague champions

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:doz: You cannot blame the RFL for a draw. How many officials / fans demaned a draw system and that draws v Saints were deemed fixes.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

I was about to make an observation on this and low and behold CP got there first. Old age, CP an me in complete agreement. Due to league points being at stake a draw is fairest and by may we will know how each team is playing,
Scary, Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At the end of the day Scottish people are the ones we wantr to watch RL and who plays who is less important than promotion and getting Sottish people to attend
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:The RFL are stupid, all they need to sell this well is Stains vs Wigan and Leeds Vs Bradford. Half of the matches in this draw, if form doesn't dramatically change this season will be complete mis-matches at least with derbys you can ignore the form book
But lots of people complained when it was Derby's that it was unfair on teams. I mean I am sure Bradford would rather not be playing Leeds three times and we didn't exactly jump for joy at playing Saints three times either.

So it's bad of its derby's and bad if it isn't. Doesn't that just mean it's a bad idea in itself?

A draw is the only fair way to do it and if the draws mean no one wants to go then it's about time the RFL realised this is a completely daft idea and they should be looking after the international game instead by arranging a mid season International v France.

Dave
mitch2k9

magic weekend no darbies

Post by mitch2k9 »

will this stop a lot of fans going up to murrayfield next year.personally i think it will. theres nothing like a good darby wigan and saints lds/brd etc if the rlf had done there home work they would realise the crowds flock to the darby matches.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Therein lies the real argument that Dave has put forward, shjould we or should we not have a MM