Bad Luck Gary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AJ

Bad Luck Gary

Post by AJ »

what a superb performance in defeat by gary

absolutely world class

he is still one of the best players on the planet IMO

i felt so sorry for him seeing him snatch the lance todd trophy @ the end

hard lines gary

Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
rach15

Re: Bad Luck Gary

Post by rach15 »

Totally agree with u there AJ!!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
OJ

Post by OJ »

He was brilliant, so wanted him and Dave Furner to get another winner's medal. Hope the Lance Todd trophy is well insured he looks like he'll kick it round the dressing room. Got to say I've never seen a trophy received with such ill grace before even though hes gutted
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Newton_9

Re: Re: Bad Luck Gary

Post by Newton_9 »

Hard luck Gary, really wanted you to win!
Him and Furner both had great games today, just a shame they couldn't get another winners medal. Gary looked gutted didn't he, when getting the Lance Todd. Can't blame him thou, Leeds have worked so hard this season and they had enough chances to win the game!
John M

Re: Re: Re: Bad Luck Gary

Post by John M »

Didnt see the game,ive been out all day but my dad said Connolly was brilliant.Ive said all along that Gary is still world class.IMO he is still the best centre in GB and up there in the world rankings.He is so safe and so dependable.If i was Leeds id move Connolly to centre in place of McKenna who doesnt seem to be the same player we saw in the Green and Gold jersey last year.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
robo

Post by robo »

i think gary connolly was great today and i jus wish that he was still at wigan , think he definitley deserved the lance todd trophae, must also add that i think furner had a great game too
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

there souldn`t have been any losers medals for leeds, they should have kicked the 2 & got the ball back, they had all the play at that point...
that unfortunatly falls on sinfields shoulders.. brave man, backfired, but brave..something he will have to live with!

got alot of respect for conolly, however gotta agree with the contempt he showed recieving the MOM award, i would have been gutted to but, hey come on, maybe the organisers should have given it to a winning team player, cos they gotta KNOW u don`t wanna go and collect a trophy when you just lost!

feel for leeds a lil, furner played great to..

100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I watched the match yesterday on TV, what a game !!!

The only thing which spoiled it for me were the match officials.

How they could say that Cummins wasn't tackled in the air whilst attempting to catch the ball I'll never know, from that decision the Bulls scored an important try.

Also, Calderwood was certainly taken out when going for the ball, should have been a penalty at the least.

Shouldn't complain too much though as the Rhinos did have the chances to win the game.

Have to say that both Connolly and Furner were awesome for the Rhinos, pity they ended up with losers medals.

A big rap is also deserved for Matty Adamson as well, how he carried on for so long in that match with an injury like that I'll never know.
warriorjon

Post by warriorjon »

i was gutted for him thought he had a trmendous game as did Furner good to see they are still World Class even if they are not playing for us, I wish them all the luck in the World (apart from against us!) Really do think it was a bad call by the organisers to give the MOTM to a Leeds player as I think that Jamie Peacock was also awesome and in the end proved to be a match winner. Even though i think it was a mistake to give it to Gary (but not undeserved) i really think he could have shown a bit more maturity when collecting his award. I understand his dissapointment but think he should have made an effort think he is a bigger player and man than that, the only blot on what was otherwise a fantastic advert for Rugby League.
Jilly43

Post by Jilly43 »

Gary had a fantastic game on Saturday, as did all the Leeds players, and he thoroughly deserved his award, however I do agree with warriorjon in that he marred a fine day with his spoilt child performance when collecting the Lance Todd trophy.

You can't win em all Gary!