WIGAN IDOL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: WIGAN IDOL

Post by jaws1 »

For me it has to Billy Boston he was there when i was a lad later it goes to Ellery Hanley
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Used to love Gilly as a young un, named my rabbit after him. Billy Whizz, Martin Dermott, Edwards and Hanley are my favourites.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

joeb

Post by joeb »

king bill king bill,ashurst :D
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

nitsua wrote:Oh dear!!! You have all given your age away. Better not say who was my idol. :wink: :roll:
Tell us about him please Nitsua, would be really interested to know.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

thunderclap

Post by thunderclap »

mine was dean bell andy platt and rads. of the warriors 2010 team it is pat richards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Dean Bell.
A Legend and a total gentleman.
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Boston of course. Eric Ashton, Dave Bolton and Alan Davies.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Dean Bell was my Hero.

Top player and as hard as they came. Always remember watching him getting stiches twice in one game and thinking he must be the hardest man in the world :D
fekasjockstrap

Post by fekasjockstrap »

Wigan wise growing up my heroes would have to be Andy Farrell and Frano Botica gave me my first real taste of rugby at the 1994 premiership final at old trafford.

other sports....

football - robbie fowler (as a liverpool fan, there was nobody who could touch God, although i never got to see king kenny and ian rush in their prime)
F1 - Has always been Michael Schumacher (cannot wait for his comeback)
cricket - Warney nuff said :)
kick n clap - ieuan evans,scott gibbs and scott quinell (wales will always produce the best union players, jonathon davies was proof in the pudding alone never mind the team of the 70s gareth edwards,JPR williams et al.)
"On My Signal......Unleash Hell!"
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

nitsua wrote:Oh dear!!! You have all given your age away. Better not say who was my idol. :wink: :roll:
Lance Todd? :cool:

Boston for me, both as a player and as a person.