Amos

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TRICKY DICKY

Re: Amos

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

cpwigan wrote:I agree. It is also reflective of teams not getting out of their own half so having to play in it more than a good team would.

V Warrington, Amos saved a certain try when Wire broke clean through and he got between the player breaking and his opposite number to intercept the pass. On another occasion Wire were close to our line and he came in to tackle the Wire player, killed the try but the player released the ball inside and as Wire fannied about Roberts was up making a second tackle.

He looked far sharper and stronger IMO.

The biggest failing v Wire was kicking and with Tommy and Sam we had several kicks blocked almost intercepted. It changed when Deacon came on.

Kicking and the front row are the two biggest areas for improvement.
For that reason deacon needs to start. Mossy looked like a different player at wire, he also looks like he has bulked up his upper body.

Can wait for this week.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Very much Tricky. with the best will in the world and he has put the effort in I do not think Piggy can play 80 mins so Tommy is going to have to play at least part of the game at 9. He was very good v Wire at 9.

Deacon could be a fantastic signing.

I agree re Moss. Personally, I would like to see him play prop.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Very much Tricky. with the best will in the world and he has put the effort in I do not think Piggy can play 80 mins so Tommy is going to have to play at least part of the game at 9. He was very good v Wire at 9.

Deacon could be a fantastic signing.

I agree re Moss. Personally, I would like to see him play prop.
Lee also makes very few mistakes in a match.
For me he is well in the running for a starting spot on a regular basis.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:We scored more tries than any other team in SL from inside our own half last year, so we have plenty of latent pace in the tem already. If we can improve on that we'll have more fireworks than a chinese wedding.
I think that had more to do with support play/interaction from Sam, Pat, George etc than out and out pace.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------