Surprise surprise, Carvell Back In

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
RJ

Re: Surprise surprise, Carvell Back In

Post by RJ »

It seemss to me that the RFL have once again bottled out. I thought that both Carvell and Morley deserved to be sent off and banned for the cynical tackles they made but once again the guilty escape without punishment. The RFL obviously think that the game deserves this sort of behaviour and to hell with the consequences.
I don't want to play a weakened Wire team on Saturday but if this sort of behaviour isn't stopped someone will be seriously injured.
I suppose then that some spokesperson for the RFL will say how tragic it is.
kevsev

Post by kevsev »

But to be fair they still found him guilty and fined him £300
What a joke those morrons at dred hall are
lets be honest it should be the RFL who are banned for bringing the game into disrepute
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Justice done :conf: [/quote]
That dickhead Thaler :roll: [/quote]

Spot on. no bottle whatsoever,
he should be dropped to to referee in yorkshire league or confrence until he's proven worthy, complete joke all round by him and Dred hall
BriH

Post by BriH »

Josie Andrews says it all.
It's not just the disciplinary committee.
I had a 'frank exchange of views' with Nigel Woods a few years ago when he was trying to argue that rising attendances were all down to the salary cap!! Nowt to do with good marketing!!
The Licensing system is a joke called Wrexham Mongrels.
I also wrote to the RL about Cunningham & Pryce getting off scot free. All I got was a 'management-speak gobbeldy-gook' answer that was meaningless.
They (i.e. the RFL) bury their heads in the 'Sands of BSkyB' where everything is coming-up-roses year-on-year according to the Gurus Eddie "Dyed Hair" Hemmings and "Stevo the Gob" Stephenson.
We can only hope that Messrs Morley & Carvell play with their hands behind their backs.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

jammie wrote:didn't mathers get a 4 match ban when he was sent off for a high shot against warrington,the whole of the RFL are bent and curupt and totally anti wigan.i wonder if they would have been let off if warrington were playing salford or crusaders this weekend :conf: still i would rather beat the full warrington side(i hope) than have the nutters on sky saying don't forget warrington have both there first choice props missing.i noticed they didn't show the two incidents with carvel & morley on boots and all probley embarresed with the RFL's crap jugement on what was two blatant sending off offences,oh yes and that joke thaler bottled out of making the decisions.
To be fair, Hemmings did say that Tony Smith must be the Perry Mason of Warrington to get Carvell's ban removed.

I wouldn't want to be Morley if he tries that kind of thing on Sam. Joel will snot him!!
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

exile in Tiger country wrote: To be fair, Hemmings did say that Tony Smith must be the Perry Mason of Warrington to get Carvell's ban removed.

I wouldn't want to be Morley if he tries that kind of thing on Sam. Joel will snot him!!
As will Lockers, Feka, Hansen, Lulu, George etc etc :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

josie andrews wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote: To be fair, Hemmings did say that Tony Smith must be the Perry Mason of Warrington to get Carvell's ban removed.

As will Lockers, Feka, Hansen, Lulu, George etc etc :roll:
It's nice to have mates that will take care of you isn't it?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

The RFL have just dug a big deep hole to sit in.
Lets see their response when players are sent off or punished for raising the elbow in a tackle or stiff arming players.
If Wigan had commited either offense or Ganson was refereeing, both would have received red cards.
They cant seriously punish these type of offenses now after the blatent let off's for Morley and Carvell.