catalan game

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
turns2

catalan game

Post by turns2 »

are we playing @ dw or leigh next friday,hearing we might be @ leigh
butt monkey

Re: catalan game

Post by butt monkey »

After a very harsh winter and the intense usage in a short period the decision has been made yesterday that the current surface at the DW Stadium will be replaced. Head Groundsman Ian Forshaw and his team will get to work immediately after the game against Catalans Dragons next Friday.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wigan-War ... 203?ref=nf

Ominously
we are developing Co-Operative Community so we can use it for low key matches
Were first team train in orrell. Possibly building new stands to play pre season games and low key as in low teams ie Crusaders catalan
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
turns2

Post by turns2 »

prob started by the round ball fans?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Just listening to 606 on 5live. Makes me sick.
totenham fan: wigan pitch is a disgrace

spoony: they play rugby all year on that pitch as well.

fan: Premeir League shouldn't allow RL on footy pitches,the pitch is a state.

Canadian Pundit: you would think they could arrange to play the rugby after the football.
These guys so are so well informed aren't they? We played two matches on that pitch adn the last was over a week ago. Hull don't seem to have a problem do they?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Gary Lineker started all this off on MOTD!

It really irritates me when I think of the condition the pitch is left in after our final game of every season!! :angry: :angry:
mickh

Post by mickh »

I pays my money on a season ticket to watch Wigan Rugby League Football Club play "their" matches at "their ground", not the JJB or the DW it's the "New Central Park" from now on, lets get our own identity back!,It's Welco's problem regards the pitch not ours, otherwise car parking revenues will have to be re-embursed, loss of beer revenue, pie sales, do you think "God" Whelan will forego his cut, I think not!
Rant over :)
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If anyone saw the highlights of Tottenham v Wigan Wanderers on MOTD, have a look at the 6 yard area... where the goalkeeper stands it's all mud. That isn't rugby.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jimmybob2006

Post by jimmybob2006 »

Just sent a e-mail of to compalin to the b.b.c about Gary Lineker being biased against rugby, when again he raises the topic after the latics game and laying the blame of the pitch to Wigan Rugby playing at DW.He fails to understand the way the fixtures work and that wigan have only played two home games this season. The latics have played 15 matches this season at home.
This resulting in the pitch being like it is now before the rugby season stated.He has with these comments started other supporters,commentators and papers to also start jumping on the bandwagon to blame the rugby.He should get his facts straight before spouting off :sly:
mark webster?

Post by mark webster? »

If all the other football teams can win on it why can't Sh'atics?

Uh oh blame the pitch... :lol:
Can't whack a good pint.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I think when Lenegan took over at Wigan he said he would look into expanding Edge Hall Road for the purpose of smaller games but it was deemed too expensive. The ground would require at least another 5,000 to accommodate Wigan's lowest attendance last season and nearly another 10,000 to accommodate attendances against Crusaders and Catalans. Anyway it wouldn't make sense to move to a smaller ground for any game when Lenegan is aiming to increase the attendances at games.

The pitch looks perfect when the football season finishes, and the area under the posts is marked off during pre-match warm-ups for rugby because of the problems the FOOTBALL causes.

This problem was meant to have been solved when Whelan 'forked-out' for a new pitch last season or the season before but clear it didn't fix the problem so perhaps Whelan should invest in a pitch that is tougher and WILL last longer.