jamie jones

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: jamie jones

Post by lucky 13 »

Joel is not the finished player by a long way but the raw talent is abundant in the lad. Big, fast, good off load and a good defender. He had to play a different role in his second year mainly he was not running off Trent Barrett he also was being used more as a ball handler. If you looked at Hock, Lockers or any forward for that matter who looks to offload at impact they will loose ball especially early on in their careers. I think now with a little more guidance he could be a very good player. Like you say we will wait and see.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:
JJB knows where the try line is and iften comes up with the goods, looking at Joel last season he looked a bit lost now and then, iirc he got us pulled up for crossing 3 or 4 times towards the end of the season, if he co comes good the fair enough, but he needs to make a big improvement this year just like Lockers did last year
Well all of that above is about last season so what did you think of his game v the Crusaders? Granted they were poor but that doesn't mean his performance can't be compared to the rest of the Wigan team against the same opposition.

Dave
mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

Do you not remember JJB strangle hold on mossop do not like the man or the way he plays (hope he stays at Leeds).
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

I think he is a dirty and cowardly player, who is in very good company where he is at present. I defo would not like to see him at Wigan.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

I rate JJB, hes a good player and a character but we dont need to strengthen there so i wouldnt take him.
Th'eggchaser

Post by Th'eggchaser »

Mr Stu wrote:I rate JJB, hes a good player and a character but we dont need to strengthen there so i wouldnt take him.

Maybe JJB is being lined up as a front rower as I understand three of our props are out of contract at the end of the season - at least we would have that "big hairy prop" IL has been searching for!

Nice house he's been looking at incidentally - right at the side of Ashfield Park in Standish (and not too far from Gents pie shop)!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
lucky 13 wrote:
medlocke wrote: would rather have him and his comical facial hair in the second row than J Tomkins
Joel was my MoM tonight the lads got the raw ability it's just needed coaching. He is a player who can pull off the big play think he may make you eat your words. Lockers run him a close second :wink:
He can't be that good if you are comparing him with Lockers :wink: :lol:

JJB knows where the try line is and iften comes up with the goods, looking at Joel last season he looked a bit lost now and then, iirc he got us pulled up for crossing 3 or 4 times towards the end of the season, if he co comes good the fair enough, but he needs to make a big improvement this year just like Lockers did last year
We dont need Buchanan.

With regards to Lockers,
When was the last time JJ-B got "Man of the Match" or made anywhere near 39 tackles in a game.

Give JT a season under Madge then lets see what comments people make from there.
mitch2k9

Post by mitch2k9 »

jj can stay at leeds joel tompkins is already showing what he can do under a good coach both defense and offense the lads a class ploayer and getting better :D :D