Melbourne Storm Players Banned

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Melbourne Storm Players Banned

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Melbourne Storm's officials and coaches banned their players from attending Wigan's home match the day before their World Challenge match against Leeds. This was despite Wigan rolling out the red carpet!

The reason why? Melbourne's coaching staff were given a tour of the DW Stadium and the training facilities at Orrell the day before our game with Catalans, they were suitably impressed. So much so, that they were worried that their star players might be tempted by the package Wigan had to offer.

MM wants to recruit a couple of their players for 2011. I wonder if we have posted the DVD to potential candidates.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
botica

Re: Melbourne Storm Players Banned

Post by botica »

Really.... I was told it was due to training schedules and traffic issues..
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

There were some Storm players there, they were in the corporate box usually occupied by the sky team
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

josie andrews wrote:There were some Storm players there, they were in the corporate box usually occupied by the sky team
Josie - I am told that they were the coaching staff not players. My information has come from the hierarchy within our club.

I think that what we can draw from this is that Wigan are actively chasing at least two of their players and Melbourne are trying to prevent Wigan from doing so!
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

I saw Stephen Kearney but that was about it!!
Wigan til i die!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Any idea which two?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
shaunedwardsfanclub

Matthew wrote:Any idea which two?
No, but my guess is a prop and a half-back.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If SEFC says so that is IMO well worth believing

I do think no matter how well we do in 2010, Madge will tinker with the sqquad for 2011
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:If SEFC says so that is IMO well worth believing

I do think no matter how well we do in 2010, Madge will tinker with the sqquad for 2011
Given the number of people off-contract, I think that's inevitable. It does seem, though, that there are far less changes needed than we thought 6 months ago!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Madge has been very clever in sending a message to the players, you will all get an opportunity to prove you are/are not worthy of a place in this squad. Every plasyer knows they have a full season before Madge brings somebody else in.