How was your trip to salford?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
tonyteastain

Post by tonyteastain »

Overall I enjoyed it. was able to park safely near by and even get a nice cold pint in a working mans clubs at the same place.

big turn out of fans and nice to see loads of cheery and white too!!

however.....

the game wasnt that exciting to be honest and salford did hold their own in defence and we off loaded the the ball way too much but anyway thats a different thread!

on the way out we got caught up in the middle of red fans coming out of the shed and within 2 mins heard

"f(*&ng pie eaters"
"sam tomkins is a w&*(er"
and my favorite..."wigan would be nothing without richards" :) to which i laughed and quickly crossed the road incase

all said to get a reaction out of us

what was your experience there?
sma1ex

Re: How was your trip to salford?

Post by sma1ex »

Great idea handing out plastic cups before the game for fans who brought drinks due to the hot weather, stewards very helpful and understanding that fans do bring drinks to games and didn't use the 'highhorse' approach that you might see elsewhere and sometimes our stewards can be the worse culprits!!

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Good day, no problems with any of the fans I was chatting with, and didn't see any bother outside the ground.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Nice day weather wise. We had no trouble what so ever car parked up on a nice little car park right at the side of the M602.

My only problem with the day was after the game i thought an ice cream man would have been outside.

:(
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Enjoyed it really. Except the steward on the car park for pass holders only was about as much use as nothing, Asked where could park and got told dont know there is no where I know of. Overall a good day, bit dissapointed with a couple of our fans though some young lads pi**ed up and pushing on past people on way out knocking a few women and kids all over, dont know who they are but seem to fit the description mentioned on here before.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Never had a problem in salford going to rugby. Had my nose broken on a night out in salford for having my Wigan shirt on and the bloke didn't like rugby fans. Luckily my 19 stone prop forward mate was there to stop me hurting him (only joking of course, never had a fight in my life thats involved me throwing punches, although there's been times where I've sat for an hour contemplating it before going home and having a kebab.)
My mate was quite helpful at putting my nose back without warning. Saved time.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Just to add, the strangest feeling in the world is when your right nostril is on the left hand side of your face. Its really weird. And it hurts going back more than the initial pain.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Great day out :)

Got parked right in front of the Willows, was talking to Terry Entwistle before the game, he played for Wigan late fifties early sixties, stand off I think.

Went into the Willows & had a drink before making way to the stand behind the sticks. Watched a mucky game in glorious sunshine.

Like going to Salford, immaculate pitch & like the stand behind the sticks cos the steps are big enough to sit on properly (with the size of my a**e they need to be :wink: )
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

gpartin wrote:Just to add, the strangest feeling in the world is when your right nostril is on the left hand side of your face. Its really weird. And it hurts going back more than the initial pain.
It hurts a lot less to put it back straight while it's still "squishy" than if you go to the hospital and they do it later on!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

It's blimin horrible isn't it - Nose carteledge in the cheek is stomach turning. I did Karate for 3 years and in the student nationals, everyone of our male squad bar me broke their nose that day. Lightening quick gazelle like reflexes you see. :lol: