Hudd's v/s KR

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
georgeorwell

Hudd's v/s KR

Post by georgeorwell »

I watched the game on TV and was awed by the performance Huddersfield put on. Big men playing power rugby, with fast creative backs making the most of all the hard work done by the forwards. Irresistible and great to watch. So where were the good people of Huddersfield? A crowd of 7,200 doesn't seem too bad, but considering KR brought around 2,000 and a lot of free tickets were on offer in Huddersfield, it is not very good. It really does make me wonder what else the club can do. IMO the people of Huddersfield do not deserve to have such a good club. I was at Wembley last year and it was the same story; poor support.
GeoffN

Re: Hudd's v/s KR

Post by GeoffN »

georgeorwell wrote:I watched the game on TV and was awed by the performance Huddersfield put on. Big men playing power rugby, with fast creative backs making the most of all the hard work done by the forwards. Irresistible and great to watch. So where were the good people of Huddersfield? A crowd of 7,200 doesn't seem too bad, but considering KR brought around 2,000 and a lot of free tickets were on offer in Huddersfield, it is not very good. It really does make me wonder what else the club can do. IMO the people of Huddersfield do not deserve to have such a good club. I was at Wembley last year and it was the same story; poor support.
Yeah, Clare commented on the low Hudds turnout before the game.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Huddersfield are in an ideal situation. Fantastic stadium, refreshed team actually going into games expecting to win and will do so for a few years yet, ideal location for travel to hull and lancashire, bang in the middle of RL heartland - quite a distance from a bradford catchment with only halifax in theory competing locally for support.

Huddersfield Town - saw highlights of their game at the weekend at home they have a massive crowd - similar to Bradford City FC in terms of crowds vs RL club... if Hudds Town don't get promoted i am sure a few undred more will start to watch League - as long as they freeze their prices.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I have apologise for my comments about brown on a previous thread the guy played a blinder in that game and showed some real touches of class
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

NATHAN Brown is in the Monday RL paper praising Wigan and slamming the critics of how we play the game. RE Kevin Brown. Playing very well. However, I read elsewhere that BRown and Sam T would be a great pairing for Wigan and GB. Uttrt tripe. Both are leftys and both are best at stand off.