Graham looks good

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
John M

Graham looks good

Post by John M »

I liked the look of Nick Graham tonight.He has a great pair of hands on him and hes a very hard worker with good defence.To say he doesnt really know any of the players and he only got off the plane on Tuesday he played above expectations IMO.You could see that he mis-understood some of the players around him at times when he had the ball and he did seem to tire in the second half but he had something about him that said he has the class to be a great team player for us.If he can bring out that kind of performance after such a long flight and only one training session then in a few weeks i think he will be doing some damage to teams with the ball in hand.Lets not forget that he is very low on confidence as well after being dropped by the Sharks.
When Farrell is back he can now go into the second row which will give us much more go-forward and punch down the left whilst Graham can take over at loose forward.
Im very impressed with him and excited about seeing him once he gets fully settled in.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
Dorsey

Re: Graham looks good

Post by Dorsey »

I liked the look of him too, he was eager and getting well stuck in and looks a solid player, look forward to seeing more of him he sure looks like he'll be a great asset. He took a hefty knock towards the end - hope he's not injured too
DaveO

Re: Graham looks good

Post by DaveO »

John M posted:
When Farrell is back he can now go into the second row which will give us much more go-forward and punch down the left whilst Graham can take over at loose forward.
Im very impressed with him and excited about seeing him once he gets fully settled in.
I liked the look of him too. Mind you expecting Faz to be 2nd row if (I aint going to say when) we get our players fit may be expecting too much. I have always said Faz is the best loose forward at the club but I am now coming round to a "needs must" view that we need Faz's size and running in the second row. So I hope the club plays them that way.

Whatever, come back soon Faz, tour club needs you!

Dave
OJ

Re: Re: Graham looks good

Post by OJ »

Looks like he's just what we need, strong solid runner not afraid to get stuck in and get involved, look forward to seeing him when its not cold, windy and chucking it down. Well done Nick and well done everyone else last night (officials excluded) it was a good hard game and was probably great for neutrals and Bratfud fans but a real sickener for us. One day soon my friends, one day ...................
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Re: Graham looks good

Post by wolftown warrior »

thought he had a brill bebut! looks good & u guys just about summed up everything i wanted to say on him! lol which makes this post easy! LOL

all our boys did well last night!
did anyone else in ths south stand think tickles kick with 4 mins to go was gonna make it? lol i did! it looked good all he way, but fell like 1 foot short!...
well played...........

Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: Re: Graham looks g...

Post by Deltic3 »

I thought that graham had a good game. However one point springs to mind - the other week when we were supposedly interested in Tallis, Lindsay was quoted as saying that if he wanted an Aussie second row he would have kept Dave Furner.

Now surely we should have kept furner anyway especially as we have let O'Neill go?
John M

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Graham loo...

Post by John M »

Id sooner have Graham than Furner to be honest.Furner was *IMO* seriously over-rated.He was a very good defender and a good all round player but he was not what some people make him out to be.He was just a very solid all rounder who got on with the job.I have certainly seen many better back row forwards playing for Wigan in the past.He was also very injury prone in his last year and hes already been out injured with that same knee injury for Leeds.He is playing his very last days of RL IMO and looked old at times last year.Graham OTOH is only 27/28 so he is now at his peak as a player.I reckon another few games under his belt and no one will remember David Furner,it'll be all Nick Graham.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!