dark days ahead for our club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Spartak_Warrior

dark days ahead for our club

Post by Spartak_Warrior »

Blimey how things are changing for our beloved club.

- crap, weak team with no bottle
- no Faz
- latics going up, crowds gettin bigger
- our owner is blantantly in favour of soccer
- we could be booted out the JJB and end up in leigh
- fighting relegation

all very depressing, where's my gun
robjoenz

Re: dark days ahead for our cl...

Post by robjoenz »

Spartak_Warrior posted:

- no Faz
- fighting relegation

Mike, can you tell us, how many guises does WNAC have? :D
waterside glens

Re: dark days ahead for ou...

Post by waterside glens »

and by tomorrow we could be stuck with tony(i have never lied)blair for a nother four years or so
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

you've really cheered me up now, talking about politics! Just when I was looking forward to stuffing Leeds in the next round of the cup!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

On a positive note!
Admit the team does need strengthing - but there is noarguement about the spirit and will to win that the team plays wit.

No Faz - We had no Faz anyway because he's been injured all season and if we ever get paid the sums of money being talked about it could be the best bit of biz in years

What has Latics promotion and crowd size to do wit WRL.?

DW is an ex pro soccer player he's not suddenly gone soccer mad - so what's the problem?

Going to Leigh is pure wnac speculation

We're in the top 6 for the mo !! How the hell is this fighting relegation??

Please find your gun! :(
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

well said dod this must be your most possitive posting ever.
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

Well said. Let's look on the positive side. I agree, you can't fault the lads efforts and apparently we can't take Sean O'L and Gaz H off the salary cap list so it seems as if we are stuck with the current squad for this season. So let's get behind the lads.
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

all of a sudden we get some information out of wigan and we have a more positive posting!!!
again i will say to those who see only doom and gloom....lets wait and see...lets get factual information.....then we can make a more considered opinion :D
maurice lindsay is a pixie
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I could see us finishing anywhere from 5th to 9th, with us being above Widnes, Leigh and London in any case. Looking positively, if Scully were to stay fit, and MacDonald were to hit form we could have a useful mix of props, with Guisset dropping back to the second row occasionally. We already have 2 classy hookers, a good player in Tickle and a cracker in the making in Hansen. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that that pack could compete with the other packs outside of Bradford, Saints, Leeds and Hull.

As for the backs, we have one world class winger, one very good one, a world class full back, and, in Aspinwall, Wild and DV, centres who have in the past shown some talent (in fact, if you combined all their qualities you would have a very good centre). Which only leaves the half backs...

For a few games last year, Orr was actually quite good. Moran didn't top the try scoring lists twice through being hopeless and Brown has heaps of talent, though has the erratic nature of youth. I don't think it is too much to hope that, at some stage, they could hit form.

As for us getting kicked out of the ground - when has Whelan actually done anything to harm WRLFC? And you can't count asking Mo to come back, because that looked like a good idea to anyone and everyone at the time. He is not a league man at heart, but he has poured millions of his pounds into the club through sponsorship over the years. He has never had to do any of that. Can you imagine the reaction if he kicked WRLFC out of the JJB? What would he gain from this act other than opprobrium? I can understand Saints fans wishing this was going to happen, but not any of us.

It is feasible that this year could go from bad to worse (more injuries, halves losing all confidence, defeat by UTC), but, on balance I have some hope that we will win as many as we lose from here.

Next year of course, if we could by someone of the calibre of Fletcher with the Farrell money, and Hock and O'Loughlin come back fresh and bigger, our pack could really mix it with the big boys - Seu Seu - Newton - Fletcher - Tickle - Hock - O'loughlin, with Hansen on the bench. That would do for me.

In the halves, by the way, I wonder whether Cas would want Orr back if they get promoted, and whether London would have Moran back if, as seems likely, Leuluai goes back to the NRL???
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

Spartak_Warrior posted:

- no Faz
- fighting relegation

:( At last someone who sees what is going on !
Along with the three letters in the fans forum in WEP tonight, ref last Friday ie not a win but a demoralising loss of confidence ! Betts yet again showing his lack of ability !!

:angry: :angry: