Gaz Hock Latest ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Gaz Hock Latest ?

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I cant wait till he is back, anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. Not the only player who was up to taking coke just one that got caught and his punishment is the ban. Ones the ban is up should all be forgotten. People have made mistakes in past and got into trouble, I know for sure one of the main people on here against hock coming back has. So let it lie I would rather Gaz Hock is pulling a wigan shirt on than lining up against us
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:Hock is a Drugs offender who has pissed all over the great name of this club and let down the fans, on that alone he shouldn't be able to come back, as for world class, if he was so excellent why where the Aussie clubs never trying to sign him?, because they know the real truth, on his day he is a real talent but those days are few and far between, he is too inconsistent, therefore noit good enough for down under or he would have been snapped up by now.

ps. we haven't even missed him since he's been out, infact we have actually looked a better side IMO
Many people in life are drug offenders, and I say its better to try and help them recover than throw them in the ditch. Maybe Wigan are just doing that, as they see the potential.
As you correctly say "He is a real talent", hence my statement that he has "the potential" to be the best second rower in the world, and I stick with that comment.
Gaz Hock has had more good games than poor games, from the ones I have seen, so as you say his too inconsistent, I dont think so.
Gaz Hock maybe isnt mentally strong enough to take up a two or three year contract in Australia, and yes maybe the Aussies aware of this, but how do you know that Gaz Hock has not already been approached by other clubs from Australia. Do you know his agent.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Gaz hock WAS massively inconsistent and for a few years imo he failed to deliver in attack in the same way he did early in his career until just before his ban but like so many other players under Nobby there was little incentive for him to improve because he'd get picked anyway. I was loving seeing him back to his best before he was banned but at times before that he was a nightmare when the team were under the cosh, massively frustrating. He doesn't have a reputation for brainfarts for nothing.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

gpartin wrote:Gaz hock WAS massively inconsistent and for a few years imo he failed to deliver in attack in the same way he did early in his career until just before his ban but like so many other players under Nobby there was little incentive for him to improve because he'd get picked anyway. I was loving seeing him back to his best before he was banned but at times before that he was a nightmare when the team were under the cosh, massively frustrating. He doesn't have a reputation for brainfarts for nothing.
This point has depth and truth - how many Wigan players have transformed and striving to reach their potential under the new regime? Fielden, Roberts, Coley even The Pig.

Imagine what we'd have when Hock has several games under his belt and this new Wigan set up?

IMO he deserves a contract. Im in Camp Hock
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Absolute no brainer for me.

He did the crime and is serving his time, unlike some other sports we haven't tried to cover it up !

I agree with PM, the new regime is improving the technical skills of each individual player and is applying the right type of pressure to them to get the best out of them, Hock will benefit from this without a shadow of doubt.

Get him signed because other clubs wont give 2 hoots once his ban is over the will be in like a shot for his signature
No-one is saying that he should be punished for life. He serves his ban and is then allowed to ressurect his career. It is just that he should do this away from Wigan, where he has burned ALL his bridges.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

how has he burned ALL of his bridges?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Aren't modern bridges made of steel and concrete? Unless he has a miniature town in his loft.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It could be argued the opposite and that Gaz owes Wigan RLFC and the fans and want to repay that by doing what he does best, play RL in the Cherry n White Hoops.
Don Kiddick

Post by Don Kiddick »

Let's stop kidding ourselves, if Hock came back he would be the best second rower in the league like he was when he left, give him 4 or 5 matches he will be back to his best.

I would snap his hand off for him to come back, he has served his punishment. Move him to prop also.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I always remember that fateful game for England v France when both Gaz Hock and Sam Burgess ripped the French apart.