Getting the smell of smoke out of a car

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Getting the smell of smoke out of a car

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Collected my new car today.
2nd hand from a family member. not in bad nick tbh. problem is, he smokes!

It bloody stinks!

So, has anyone got any tips to help get rid of the smell?
the stuff seems to have gotten everywhere!
Stained every piece of upholstery in the car. the seats, the fabric on the doors, the carpets...even the fabric on the roof lol!!!
the heating system seems to stink of it too :sly:

anyone any tips?
and please dont suggest a heavy hoovering + wipe with a damp cloth! i've spent hours today doing so!!!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

ancientnloyal

Re: Getting the smell of smoke out of a car

Post by ancientnloyal »

I'd suggest put it in for a valet... the odour can get into the fabric and it's not easy getting it out cleaning it yourself, may need to strip the upholstry off. The inside roof would need a proper clean. some do a good job for £50... but it's £50
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Hi Bowtun,I have been valeting cars for the best part of thirty years now.And Ancient is quite correct that a good valet would indeed help eradicate the lingering smell of tobacco.However good a valet is it never really goes away as tobacco seems to linger for an eternity).I have however recently come across a product that does the job pretty darn well.You can find this product on e-bay.It is used by professionals.And is called(Total Release Odor Eliminator)I valet an average of eight cars per day and have found this product very good for ease of use.Good luck. :D
the-Bowtun-Warrior

KOOCH wrote:Hi Bowtun,I have been valeting cars for the best part of thirty years now.And Ancient is quite correct that a good valet would indeed help eradicate the lingering smell of tobacco.However good a valet is it never really goes away as tobacco seems to linger for an eternity).I have however recently come across a product that does the job pretty darn well.You can find this product on e-bay.It is used by professionals.And is called(Total Release Odor Eliminator)I valet an average of eight cars per day and have found this product very good for ease of use.Good luck. :D

where are you based pal?

how much am i looking at for an 'excellent' valet for a 5 door Toyota Yaris?

the-Bowtun-Warrior

ps. i can't find the product on ebay.

a copy and paste of the name you said and it brings up zero results :conf: