RFL want names/ Newton tells his story...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the_cow

Re: RFL want names/ Newton tells his story...

Post by the_cow »

You could possibly see there being some truth in the notion the use of HGH being rife if the rl playing community (and other sports) believe that it cannot be detected. If the drug could significantly boost your performance on the pitch with a percieved 'no risk' of being caught, then it must be very tempting. Just seems Terry was the unfortunate one to be caught out (a bit like Hock perhaps if rumour is to believed). I am sure I read at the time of the news breaking that he was the first person to be caught in ANY sport using the drug- and it would seem he was only caught as someone informed the rfl of his use (perhaps KFC or Long? *joke*)

If I was Terry, I would tell the rfl where to go with their requests- they never did him any favours when he was up at the judiciary! ha.

NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!
ian b

Post by ian b »

cook123 wrote:it isn't traceable in urine but blood is a different story... this is why floyd mayweather wants random blood tests for the manny pac fight.
The point i was making was that everyone's natural HGH is different depending on age,weight,etc.... so how do you pin it on anyone.The IOC have been trying to test since 1992 with no joy.I know a couple of pro body builders who say it is totally out of your system within 24 hours that is why they inject every 48 hours.
cook123

Post by cook123 »

How would they know its out your system in 24 hours unless they or anyone esle had been tested on it and got away with it within that timescale... true everyones natural levels are diff same with testosterone which people inject to boost performance. the reason newton is the first person to test positive of hgh is cos it was a blood test that was done most other sports only test urine plus its only really become "popualar" recently as opposed to other peds so players/athletes prob weren't using it as commonly until recently.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

"Fans understand the depression and desperation that made him become one of the drug cheats he used to loathe."

Biggest load of crap I've ever read in my life.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ian b

Post by ian b »

cook123 wrote:How would they know its out your system in 24 hours unless they or anyone esle had been tested on it and got away with it within that timescale... true everyones natural levels are diff same with testosterone which people inject to boost performance. the reason newton is the first person to test positive of hgh is cos it was a blood test that was done most other sports only test urine plus its only really become "popualar" recently as opposed to other peds so players/athletes prob weren't using it as commonly until recently.
Top athletes are reckoned to have been using growth hormone as far back as the eighties and blood tests have been done before and the IOC said it was virtually impossible to trace after 24 hours because it is nothing like a steriod