Mark Riddell Leaving

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NathanCroucher

Re: Mark Riddell Leaving

Post by NathanCroucher »

I wish Mark and his family all the best.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

botica wrote:I would agree with you Dave if we were writing this last year.... But if anyone was to win a most improved award this year its gotta be Mark.
"The most improved player" tag covers a multitude of sins and in Riddell's case it doesn't mean much IMO. He has played well this year but not exceptionally well. He's done OK so when a player just does OK yet it looks like chalk and cheese compared to his previous season that just tells you how bad he was in the previous season.

I saw a comment on rlfans that he's the first NRL player to go back there in a better physical state than when he arrived. I am not sure that is true because I think his knees are shot and this is why we don't see him play long spells but I can see where they were coming from when they said that.
I wish him well for the future, I understand only too well how important your mum is and he is making the right decision... Good Luck with everything including your soon to be extended family xx
On the personal front he has made the right decision and I hope things go well for him.

Dave
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I saw a comment on rlfans that he's the first NRL player to go back there in a better physical state than when he arrived. I am not sure that is true because I think his knees are shot and this is why we don't see him play long spells but I can see where they were coming from when they said that.

[/quote]

His knees were no good when he came but to accomodate that this year he has done a lot of swimming training. Probably not ideal, but it's a good compromise and has substantially improved his base fitness levels. He's also lost a good chunk of weight and kept it off - you can see physically he's never going to be a gazelle but he is relatively sprightlier.

So I think it's a fair comment to say he's in better nick than when he came, because he is.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

On his twitter Piggy talking about grounds/stadia to Mark Geyer;
@markMGgeyer best is ours, hull and hudds. Worst is Salford, and castleford I'd say... Glenmore park brumbies ground is better then them!
Again to Mark geyer about Wigan and this season
@markMGgeyer all good mate! Summer here now , so around 15 to 20 degs! Yeah at Wigan mate, going well on top of comp, new coach done wonders 8:37 PM Jun 10th via Echofon in reply to markMGgeyer
Says a lot about Madge AND Noble he he
R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

Maybe Madge will invest some of our spare salary cap (released from some significant expiring contracts), in some real class . . . What's the chances of seeing Cameron Smith make a move to the DW?

For interest, how key an investment do we believe our incoming hooker to be?
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

R Douglas wrote:Maybe Madge will invest some of our spare salary cap (released from some significant expiring contracts), in some real class . . . What's the chances of seeing Cameron Smith make a move to the DW?

For interest, how key an investment do we believe our incoming hooker to be?

You will never see the likes of Cam Smith at wigan under IL..players making the fielden and barrett money have long gone.

Chad Randell is a target i heard today.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

chad randall and anthony quinn.. we really are going places if these 2 are linked with us.

randall is poop

quinn, my nan could score 15 plus tries a season if she played outside greg inglis.

sooner keep pryce and play MM for 80 mins
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

shawxshark wrote:chad randall and anthony quinn.. we really are going places if these 2 are linked with us.

randall is poop

quinn, my nan could score 15 plus tries a season if she played outside greg inglis.

sooner keep pryce and play MM for 80 mins
Quinn has an excellent record and has been selected in the past for NSW. Randall also seems highly rated.

I guess much depends on where Madge perceives as the best position for Tommy Lu Lu. If he sees him as a hooker, then we don't need a hooker.
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

I like Mickey Mac, he offers a good mix of strength (he looks bigger than the offical site bio suggests) and mobility, my big worry as he broke in to the side was his pass but that has improved this season. I think he suits MM's style too as he is strong in defence.

On a personal note I like the fact he doesn't take a backward step, as shown, he was was more than willing to face up to KFC.

With TL and Mikey Mac in the side I don't want us to waste a quota spot on that position as I think both are good enough to cover the position.
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?