Re: Where does Wigan's future lie...?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Where does Wigan's fut...

Post by Fraggle »

craigbeck posted:
GeoffN I think you are right, just seen this news story:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 53,00.html
Whelan looks set to sell his 51 per cent share in Wigan Warriors rugby league club this week — leaving their future at the JJB Stadium in doubt.
:(
The "leaving their future at the JJB stadium" bit probably comes from nowhere other than the mind of the journalist looking for excuses to write some more stories in the next few weeks. Until and unless there is some evidence of us having to leave a stadium to which we contribute a considerable amount of money towards its upkeep then I'm happy to ignore this. As we've mentioned on several occasions, we are already in the stadium because we pay to be there, and there's no reason to think Whelan is going to turn down our money in the future even (especially?) if that money is coming from an organisation he doesn't own.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Top 6 finish I think. But I'm a great believer in the circle of life lol! And I think we'll see those glory days again. :)

SIMPLY THE BEST
Steph

Post by Steph »

I think when we get all of our players back from injury we will av a really gud squad and we will be in the top 6 of super league this year. see every1 sunday look out for us on the pitch before the match starts.
Steph :D :D :D :D
xxxxxxx Warriors 2008 xxxxxx
ooooooooooooo were the greatest club in the world
we've got barrett n kenny
edwards n hanley
boston n kevin iroooooo
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Steph posted:
I think when we get all of our players back from injury we will av a really gud squad and we will be in the top 6 of super league this year. see every1 sunday look out for us on the pitch before the match starts.
Steph :D :D :D :D
Erm, we won't get all our players back from injury this year! Ok, so there's Rads, Orr and Tickle to come back in the (hopefully) short term, and possibly Carney if he ever manages to play more than one game at a time, but we're not going to see Hock or O'Laughlin again this year.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
superlatics

Re: Where does Wigan's future lie...?

Post by superlatics »

unless you manage to find some loophole you have to move out of the jjb now we are in the premiership as those are the rules of the league, although used as a rugby ground it is registered as a football ground and premiership grounds cant be shared with other sports that is why london broncos had to stop playing at the valley when charlton got promoted ive heard robin park arena is having two new stands built and your playing there, what have you heard?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

superlatics posted:
unless you manage to find some loophole you have to move out of the jjb now we are in the premiership as those are the rules of the league, although used as a rugby ground it is registered as a football ground and premiership grounds cant be shared with other sports that is why london broncos had to stop playing at the valley when charlton got promoted ive heard robin park arena is having two new stands built and your playing there, what have you heard?
Bored of these posts - go find out how many teams have shared with other sports in whilst in the Premeirship - then come back....
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

we will be playing at the jjb it does not affect us the fact that you are in the prem, we already share the ground, if say we did not already share and wanted to, the prem would not allow us but as we are already there we will be playing in the jjb stadium,
why would we have to move out for one season? lol
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

With you on that one Mike. I'm sick of being told that the rules state this and that and then finding contradictory evidence. People need to read the rules before coming on here. Where is it registered as a footy ground? Where does it state in the rules we have to move out?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
heydude

Post by heydude »

MrsLam posted:
With you on that one Mike. I'm sick of being told that the rules state this and that and then finding contradictory evidence. People need to read the rules before coming on here. Where is it registered as a footy ground? Where does it state in the rules we have to move out?
only problem is mrs lam is that we keep getting football morons on this message board who don't have the sense to look at their own rules.
don't eat yellow snow
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

London Broncos used to share with Charlton at the valley, Wimbledon ground shared with Crystal Palace, and i think Wimbledon wanted to have London share but as it wasnt their ground and Palace said no. Im sure there are more examples of this happening also on the JJB stadium website it says Stadium doesnt say its a football stadium
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR