Disciplinary for Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Disciplinary for Fielden

Post by Matthew »

Looks like reacting to someone stamping on your ankle in an attempt to end your season is frowned upon!

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... inary.html

At least Mason will be called to account for his actions - let's see him try and use the ablett defense of no malice! For intentionally trying to injure a player he should get at least a couple of matches. They haven't said what grade offence (so how many matches he faces) it is; so will have to look on the RFL site. Will be interesting to see if they include the grapple tackle as a contributory factor (that stevie bentham missed).

I would hope that Griffin and Fielden will get a slap on the wrist for the fisticuffs as no one was hurt.
Huddersfield will have two players facing the Rugby Football League's disciplinary committee tomorrow following their 18-16 victory at Wigan yesterday.

Prop forward Keith Mason has been charged with treading on opposite number Stuart Fielden's leg and then running in and pushing him in an aggressive manner during the feisty Engage Super League clash at the DW Stadium.

Fielden and Huddersfield front rower Darrell Griffin have also been charged with fighting in the same match.

Hull full-back Jordan Tansey has been charged with a dangerous throw on Crusaders' Clinton Schifcofske during his side's 18-16 win on Friday. He was sent off for the offence.

Crusaders centre Tony Martin and Hull KR stand-off Scott Murrell were both issued with cautions for foul play over the weekend while Leeds second rower Ali Lauitiiti was told he will face no further action after being placed on report for an alleged high tackle during the Rhinos' 38-6 win at Castleford.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
wiggydoran

Re: Disciplinary for Fielden

Post by wiggydoran »

were is the protection for players. Stuart Fielden should have never reacted the way he did. He just shaw red! Kieth Mason is charge with a grade C offence which is a 2-3 match ban. Which basically mean he should have been sent off.

1st karl Abblott and Now Keith Mason. The RFL needs to make sure the refs have red cards in their pockets when they take the pitch.

Can some one tell me the difference between Kev brown taking out Sam and H being taken out by Their centre? Other then the fact on was a yellow card and one wasn't. Both were taking players out off the ball. Brown got cited for his but it was sin bin sufficient.
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

I thought Faalogo would have been in trouble as he came in with a cheap shot on Fielden aswell!!
I have every faith that the rfl will give Keith 'I have achieved nothing in the game so will make my name with cowardly cheap shots' Mason the punishment he deserves!!!!!
Wigan til i die!!
onedego

Post by onedego »

Well, we have to take a moment to reflect upon what the RFL seems to stand for now-a-days...

Moment taken, and I cant see anything aside from "Let's get Yorkshire to win".

So here's the charges:

Hudds Griffin, Wigan Fielden;
Strikes – punching A-B Reaction to opponent – lashing out

Hudds Mason;
Save where otherwise prescribed in the Laws of the Game attempted foul play will be dealt with under 15.1(i). But grade C

A SOS/NFA -1
B 1 – 2
C 2 -3
D 3-5
E 4-8
F 8+ or period suspension

So Griffin will get SOS/NFA, Mason will get 2 matches, and Fielden will get 1 match, cos he's a Wigan player.

In truth, I think the RFL need to get their priorities straight... Intentionally elbowing a player in the face at speed, and stamping on someones ankle are classed as C, yet "Deliberate physical contact with a match official (e.g. placing hand on arm to attract attention)" is classed as F... Erm??? So, ave that, lets try and end your career, deserves less of a punishment than, "hi ref, there's a player injured over there, not sure if you've seen it"... but then, this is the RFL putting themselves on a plinth for all to see how big and clever they are...
onedego

Post by onedego »

JJ wrote:Once again Wild sneakily caused a lot of aggro and once again not cited
They are not giants they are animals. :angry:
you mean pathetic school boys. Children. My 2 year old nephews behave better.
onedego

Post by onedego »

Actually, just seen the details in more clean view, and it looks like the RFL are nailing mason on 2 charges... lets hope they decide and ban as two charges, leading to twice the ban...
tom g

Post by tom g »

Personally I think Michael Lawrnece should get the biggest ban for being such a soft lad! Did anyone else notice him during the fight stood behind Cudjoe and attempting to throw half a punch at Hansen? It did make me laugh! :D
arthurb's first

Post by arthurb's first »

Biggest coward was Mason who stood at the back as soon as he could. surely he should also been cited for not leaving the field when instructed (undermining the Ref's authority) but on second thoughts what authourity . It was the lack of this that caused the game to go like it did . Bentham should get a grade E , this keeps him out till next season.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I said to my dad at the time not only do i think Stu should not face any form of Ban i dont even think he deserved a Sin Bin.

I understand you cant allow players to take the law into their own hands so i understand the reaction rule, however i class that as if a player go's high on you and you spark him one you deserve a sin bin like he does for not allowing the ref to deal with the incident.

Watch the Feilden incident again.

1. Mason does the most cowardly think i have seen on a pitch for some time and that says something when you have seen ryan bailey play. Stands on him ankle on purpose for no reason.

2. Feilden obviously upset by this stands and gives some verbals about it (rightly so) and at this point hasn't reacted.

3. Darrell GRiffin grabs feilden, feilden still at this point hasn't reacted

4. Mason sprints out the defence line while Griffin is hold feilden launches an attack on him.

It is only at that final point that Stu actually throws a punch now in my mind he should be given a medal for waiting that long!.

What are you meant to do let someone give you concussion?

The entire episode was Mason and thats not my cherry and white specs thats fact from the video.

In a side note though i wonder whether that was just what big stu needed. He stood toe to toe with 2 forwards and came out pretty well his ego which was smashed by ironically Mason of the Aus variety will have had a good feed on that. The first few drives after that incident were some of his best for us.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

agreed ^^

i also think fielden should be rewarded for his behaviour after the incident both on and off the field. There were times when he was being provoked by Mason and others in the tackle in the second half... mainly the grapple/head to the floor... and fielden didn't react directly to mason but kept (most of) it in.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame