Re: Magic Weekend at Round 1 a good idea?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Bad idea.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

a VERY BAD IDEA :angry:
mitch2k9

Post by mitch2k9 »

apparantly the rfl did a survey. with whom i dont know cos i know i dont want to go to wales in the middle of winter and niether do any of my other compadrays. plus its just after xmas and most people are still recovering from that its time the rfl big wigs put there heads together and came up with a good idea like playing it in the heartland of rugby league and not at different ends of the country and defo in summer. its what the fans want oh and derbys :D :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

IIRC, the country was snowbound until February. Didn't we have a game disrupted?

IMO, the teams play enough games as it is, especially the ones who get to the finals. The Magic Weekend serves no purpose other than to line the RL coffers.

As for timing, really can't see any fans braving the freezing weather other than to watch their own teams!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:IIRC, the country was snowbound until February. Didn't we have a game disrupted?

IMO, the teams play enough games as it is, especially the ones who get to the finals. The Magic Weekend serves no purpose other than to line the RL coffers.

As for timing, really can't see any fans braving the freezing weather other than to watch their own teams!
It was Crusaders v Harlequins

I was there when they closed the roof the last time, it was glorious sunshine outside, but it must have been just above freezing in the stadium. They had air conditioning on!! and the players were slipping on the grass because of the condensation.
I was asked by the survey where did I prefer & why, but not when. And I certainly would not have said the 2nd weekend in February!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mr Sergent

Post by Mr Sergent »

Fantastic Idea.
aidensharrock

Post by aidensharrock »

I really canely not see how this is a good idea, I really do believe that the RFL will live to regret this. For me, as I am sure it is for most the whole idea of the weekend is for all rugby league fans to spend a weekend together along with all the banter that goes with it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Welcome to the site :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Magic weekend is a complete farce and a waste of both time and supporters money. We should stick with playing each team once at home, once away. The additional fixture is just nonsense.

If the RFL want a good idea, how about getting a Cumbrian team into Super League.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

aidensharrock wrote:I really canely not see how this is a good idea, I really do believe that the RFL will live to regret this. For me, as I am sure it is for most the whole idea of the weekend is for all rugby league fans to spend a weekend together along with all the banter that goes with it.
No the idea is to make money for the RFL. Do you really think those idiots care about what the fans want?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09