Poor Poor Latics

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
doc

Re: Poor Poor Latics

Post by doc »

He's given the Whelco share of the stadium to the Tics and is slowly getting his cash back that he invested in them. It looks like he's preparing to bail out to me!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Makes sense really. He knows Latics have got as far as they ever will and the best they can ever achieve is PL survival.

He's pushing 70 and has a £20m spread in Barbados.

As the Yanks say “Do the math!”!
East Stand Al

Post by East Stand Al »

Latics to go down this season. Average crowds drop to actual number of Latics fans (5500) as Man U and Liverpool fans stop buying tickets for most of home ends. Whelan quits. They go into administration. Administrators accept sale of ground to Wigan Warriors. Latics then go to play at new stadium in St Helens that attracts similar crowds for its' declining RL team.
The future's bright, it's cherry & white.
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

As much as I love being a Wiganer I wish we didn't have that lot to represent us in football. Hopefully a succession of relegations will one day see them up against Wigan Robin Park FC.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Skelmersdale have done more for the borough (or area) they won at Wembley, my old PE teacher coached them :D
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Well Steve Bruce has got £24m in his arse pocket and we know where he likes to do his shopping!

Seriously, what will be the knock-on effect on our team when Latics eventually drop? Has anyone thought this through? I can't stop thinking that it will have an adverse effect somewhere down the line!

Whelan has just capitalised £40m of debt to make the club more sellable. He wants out so that his estate is not left with a millstone around its neck and who can blame him?

Considering his administration took them to where they are now, its not unreasonable to assume his departure will have the reverse effect!

So how would it leave us if we shared a ground with a lower, or even a non league club?

What are your views on this?
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

it wont effect us much. if Latics drop, which is overdue anyway, their crowds go from 15,000 to 8,000-10,000. we have a lease on the stadium so if new owners came in and took charge of a lower league team then they wouldn't even try and chuck out Wigan when we are still giving them money.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I accept that but keep looking at the bigger picture. Things like pitch maintenance for example. Premier League teams have to maintain their pitches to a higher standard. 2nd Division teams could get away with the pitches at the Soccerdome!
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

but we must take some of the responsibility for keeping a high standard pitch aswell although i see what your saying. i know it could be a concern but we have played on a bad DW pitch and won before and should be able to do so again
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

5 points from first 4 games. 3 against newly promoted teams and then an away mauling at City.

Tonight they exited the Carling Cup at Crystal Palace.

Its looking like another long dark winter!