Paranoia!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sheepsteeth

Paranoia!!

Post by sheepsteeth »

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/l ... 6547352.jp

Hope this link works!!!

apparently the Rhinos are hard done to and nobody at red hall likes them!!!
Matthew

Re: Paranoia!!

Post by Matthew »

Biased Yorkie Journalist said
McGuire was hurt in the process – under circumstances which remain unclear – and has subsequently undergone a knee reconstruction, which will keep him out of action for up to eight month
Only if you are blind or haven't seen the video!

If leeds (and mcguire) had admitted his cheating; he would have got a lot more sympathy from the Wigan fans (and I suspect the neutrals too). The fact is that mcguire has a habit of rolling around on the floor like a dying fish - look at his performance in the CC game when he milked the penalty against Farrell, only to bounce back to his feet once a yellow card was shown.

As for the alleged RFL bias against leeds - that really is pathetic. Surely if that was the case then Buderus wouldn't be playing on Saturday, Ablett's season would have been over following the disgusting high shot on Tomkins and Bailey would have been banned for the knee on George and the elbow on Radford?

This is just more whining from a team who are rapidly becoming the least popular in the league. I've never supported saints in my life - however if we lose to the whinos and the saints beat the giants then I will have no choice.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

it's a joke.

what is really annoying me is near enough every newspaper is saying McGuire "appeared" to pull carmont back!

I've also see Leeds fans saying he only pulled him coz he'd hurt his knee when it's clear as day he did it cos he pulled him back!!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

That article is journalism at its worst, he seems to think that the Leeds 'hear say' is fact while anything from the Wigan camp is only 'apparently'. Not to mention he clearly has no idea how the disciplinary committee works, it is not always clear to us but I'm sure it is not the "well he pushed me first"..."well he called be names before" sort of system he seems to describe.

Also a lot of the articles from Yorkshire way seem to be lining up excuses if Leeds lose, one I read listed their 'injuries' as a possible excuse while that article is highlighting the 'fact' that Leeds are picked on by the RFL and the RFL don't want them in the Grand Final again as another reason they might lose.

JAHWarrior

Post by JAHWarrior »

The fact that some Leeds fans are saying that Maguire only pulled Carmont back because his knee went is just laughable! The majority of Leeds fans believe that they have some divine right to walk into the GF because of their recent success, and this is reflected in the piece of 'journalism', as it clearly implies Leeds have been hard done to! it almost makes me want to get my violin out! Lets hope we rack up some points against them on Saturday!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Considering its written by a partisan, I don't think the article is all that bad. Phil Wilkinson writes about Wigan with the same bias, albeit with a greater wit and erudition. The circumstances of McGuires injury are indeed unclear. His foul play is beyond doubt but how he got so badly injured remains a mystery!

And as for supporting Stains Matthew, believe me a lot of fans in both camps feel the same way these days - anybody but the Whinos!!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Bloody hell Kittwazzer are you going all philosophical on us? :D
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

A report favouring Leeds from a Yorkshire newspaper. What a surprise!

The comments coming from the Rhinos are becoming more laughable as the week progresses. As for the RFL being against Leeds, it appears a case of let's get our excuses (however poor they are) in early.

Also a poor attempt at mind games by putting these comments out in the press to try and put pressure on the match official. Grasping at straws or what.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

100% Warrior wrote:The comments coming from the Rhinos are becoming more laughable as the week progresses..
The comments from the Wigan camp are far more significant, in that there aren't any. And that must be really pissing them off!

After the HKR game, Madge came into the SSB and simply said “No idea where we will play next week. We will just go out there and do a job!”!

He is one class act!
:D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

KOOCH wrote:Bloody hell Kittwazzer are you going all philosophical on us? :D
Bibo Ergo Sum. (Descartes)