Millward Bookies Favourite for Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Millward Bookies Favou...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Must admit I'm a bit lightheaded but did you hear GMR? The stuff about taking his phone off him and pressurizing him to resign or there would be a press release, plus Millward's claim that the Warrington lady was OK after he apologised and that the letter of complaint came much later was great listening!

Then McManus comes on spouting about how he had no choice Blah Blah. Jack Dearden then asks him how come Long didn't get sacked and he replies "long didn't hurt anybody"!! Dearden says he hurt RL and Saints and McManus says he is a kid who didn't know what he was doing!!

McManus then goes on about Trevor Hunt being a good friend of Millwards then follows this up by saying words to the effect of "so am I, hope we can have a pint when Ian has a new job"!! Numb or what?

Sorry to rabbit on, but some might not have heard it :)
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doug Stand posted:
oxon warrior posted:
If he did come to JJB would it be worth risking upseting a large section of the crowd. Good record that he had a the other lot but it wasnt as if he took over a struggling team
[/list]
How would it upset the crowd??? or rather it would be wrong if the crown were upset at the appointment of Millward.
Lets assume it would happen and ignore the what's why's and maybe's here.
Millward would be pledging himeslf to Wigan RL and as a proffesional he would want Wigan to start winning and bringing in trophies.

He has a proven track record, surely we all want what is best for Wigan and if Millward was to join us thenn so would he.
St's at times have gone through a bad patch and gone on to win things. I don not think the present managerial team are capacble of turning things around quickly. Milward could as he has don it time after time.

Ive been away the last 12 days and since only seeing the results i can imagine things are getting worse and not better.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Cheers JJ, I didn't hear it, quite interesting isn't it!
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I'm sceptical about having such a volatile personality as Warriors boss. You can't dispute his success at Saints, I know that but I'm still iffy about it. If he did become boss, I'd accept it nevertheless. I'd support the team if Mr Potato head was in charge!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

and everyone says our chairman needs sacking!!!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
oxon warrior

Post by oxon warrior »

They have come through bad spells, however can you quantify what it is that Millward has done time after time?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

oxon warrior posted:
They have come through bad spells, however can you quantify what it is that Millward has done time after time?
Since he has taken over Saints finished lower than 3 rd on at least 2 occasions. He has had jnjury crisis at the Saints on quite a few occasions and yet managed to get into the top 6. Hes lost some of his better players to injuries and betting scandal Long, Sculthorpe, Gleeson, Cunningham, Hooper and someothers and yet they seem a better side than they didi 2-3 years ago.

He seems to make average players better. Has the ability to turn games around and never knows when he is beaten. How many times after a Derby have we thought they are finished only to see them win something the following season.

Saints will miss him more than he will miss them.