Terry Newton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fckst

Re: Terry Newton

Post by fckst »

very sad news,tragic waste.
outback wiganer

Re: Terry Newton RIP

Post by outback wiganer »

R.I.P Terry. A true Wigan hero and we will never forget you. Best wishes to his family at this very sad time.
I hope the Rugby League do the right thing and organise a minutes silence before the Grand Final on Saturday.
doc

Re: Terry Newton

Post by doc »

Found hanged at 2pm. Eddie was questioning a visibly upset Brian Carney about Terry during the gap between the Championship play off finals. Thought it was a bit tactless.

RIP Terry. You never gave less than 100% in a Wigan shirt.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

A good man, always willing to chat and acknowledge a rugby fan. God bless and good night Terry, i wish we could have had a few more chats in the Ben .... we will all miss you, Rugby Legend, Wigan hero, loving farther & husband
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

cpwigan wrote:You never can tell. Terry was out last night with friends and at 1 AM when I presume he said goodnight those friends said he was fine, not even a hint.
My neighbours were out with Terry last night they went to a wedding and he was at their house yesterday afternoon tracy did my neighbours hair for her.They are devasted I live in the same row as the"BEN" and have talked to Terry many times in passing.
RIP big fella.

endoman

Post by endoman »

Just heard this on the Radio, what horrible horrible news. I'm shedding a tear as I write this.

One can't imagine what he was going through, RIP Terry, peace be with you, and with your family.

Totally shocked.

Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

OJ wrote:Couple of hours now since I heard the news and still feel sick to the stomach to know it is true. That poor guy must have been going through hell and love him or hate him he didn't deserve this. I am one who loved him and it is sad that he will never know how much people did like him. His family and friends must be in a state of shock judging by the way it has affected those of us who didn't know him other than as a gifted player. Goodnight God bless No 9
Same here i am getting a lump inmy throat reading the codolences. RIP Tez my idol. You aint suffering now :(
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

R.I.P. Terry and condolences to his family. I was in the queue for grand final tickets when I heard, it was such a shock.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Depression is a horrible crippling disease and it's hard for people to see that anything is wrong. Rugby is a hard game played by hard men and for them to concede that all is not well inside must be incredably difficut. Scores of people have testified that Terry seemed fine - he obviously hid it well and buried it deep.

My hope would be that despite the tragedy and pain of the situation now, a scrap of good might come from this. If one ill player can recognise himself in Terry and seek help, at least some of the terrific waste might be offset?

wiganbythesea

Post by wiganbythesea »

Terry gave his all everytime I watched him. Cant belive it. hope win win for Terry on sat