Are we moving?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Are we moving?

Post by jinkin jimmy »

MrsLam posted:
Doug Stand posted:
Damm straight it was. This is what we should do.
Knock down Tesco's and rebuild Central Park extactly where it was.
Ever since we left the sacred spot we have been going steadily down hill... I blame that :)
funny you should say that, that actually is the rumour going around at the moment. Most far fetched one I've heard in a while mind!
Don't tell me they'd rebuild the River Caves as well?????? :omg:
NTA1

Post by NTA1 »

Well reading ML's statement today has put to bed us being sold and being kicked out of JJB (for now)!!
dippy4eva

Post by dippy4eva »

NTA1 posted:
Any news on if we are being kicked out of the JJB Stadium now latics are in Premiership? I can't believe we are going to be dumped if Whelan sells the rugby club, can we? :(
I think wigan should stay @ JJB cause rugby is a much bigger sport in wigan than football Latics sud move to a new ground plus Latics wud need to bigger stadium to hold the large crowds which the prermership gets
Dippy & Wigan RLFC 4 EVA !
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

dippy4eva posted:
NTA1 posted:
Any news on if we are being kicked out of the JJB Stadium now latics are in Premiership? I can't believe we are going to be dumped if Whelan sells the rugby club, can we? :(
I think wigan should stay @ JJB cause rugby is a much bigger sport in wigan than football Latics sud move to a new ground plus Latics wud need to bigger stadium to hold the large crowds which the prermership gets

Define bigger? More talk, gossip, press coverage more known names, personalities, TV viewing figures for which sport?

Soccer is such a piddling game in town why on earth do they need a larger stadium?

More people down the road at Old Trafford every week than the whole of SL put together.

Heaven knows why, it's not my cup of tea. Its just how it is!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
dippy4eva posted:
NTA1 posted:

Define bigger? More talk, gossip, press coverage more known names, personalities, TV viewing figures for which sport?

Soccer is such a piddling game in town why on earth do they need a larger stadium?

More people down the road at Old Trafford every week than the whole of SL put together.

Isn't all this acedemic? I mean, heartfelt congrats to Latics for doing the unbelievable but does anyone really think they have a long term future in the Premiership? To be honest I never even considered it. Mind you, look at Bolton....
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
dippy4eva posted:
NTA1 posted:

Yes most go to Man U, Liverpool, Everton, Man C and even Bolton and Blackburn. Even in Wales more go to watch them than Welsh clubs. Wrexham will get 4,000 at home on average i can gurantee that at least 10,000 from North Wales goes to Liverpool and Manchester for each game.

Supporting your local team has gone and that is a real pity. Go to Anfield or any other major ground in the Noth West and youll here cockney accents and geordie accents there.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Would you even wee in a roofless toilet Doug_stand?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Yes most go to Man U, Liverpool, Everton, Man C and even Bolton and Blackburn. Even in Wales more go to watch them than Welsh clubs. Wrexham will get 4,000 at home on average i can gurantee that at least 10,000 from North Wales goes to Liverpool and Manchester for each game.

Supporting your local team has gone and that is a real pity. Go to Anfield or any other major ground in the Noth West and youll here cockney accents and geordie accents there.
Not at Evertons ground !!!!
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
pedro

Post by pedro »

I'd we in them. When we were flush too i would even spring for a seat in the wooden popular stand....oh the memories.

Then again Saints played too well for my liking there :)