DID ANYONE NOTICE ???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
outback wiganer

DID ANYONE NOTICE ???

Post by outback wiganer »

Just watched the Grand Final on Sky, and was just wondering if anyone noticed James Graham standing on Pat Richards ankle. It was pretty similar to the one by Keith Mason a few weeks ago. Nothing was made of it on Saturday but something should be done about it. It happened in the first 7 minutes if anyone wants to check it out. Didn't notice it on the day at the match, but its so blatant on the TV, I'm shocked no one picked up on it.
ste lord

Re: DID ANYONE NOTICE ???

Post by ste lord »

a few have mentioned it mate, i for one have not seen it yet, but hopefully the RFL DP team will see it and give him what he deserves for the start of next season.Cowardly act.

He should get something for the way he speakes to silverwood whilst packing down for the last scrum, im sure he's effing at him !

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

As we were leaving the stadium, people were asking about Pats injury and the word then was that Graham had stood on his ankle. Didn't see it myself but now I know where to look I shall check it out again!
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

When I watched it on SKy when I got home I noticed it!!
It was pretty bad but wont have caused Pat's injury.
Graham should be made to answer for the stamp and also the way he speaks to the officials. Ban him/fine him he will think twice before doing it again!
Wigan til i die!!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I saw it and rewatched it a few times. To be honest I don't think it was deliberate - whether or not it contributed to Pats injury later on who knows - it was actually a later tackle when his ankle goes.

It was odd the way his achilles went. It was a fairly run of the mill tackle, but when he turned over and his leg was in the air, you could see his calf twitching and his leg flapping about.

I just hope this injury hasn't cobbled his career. Decent players like Vaeleaki and Bailey were never a shadow of themsleves after their achilles ruptures.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Pat Richards managed to walk off the field so hopefully his injury is not too bad and the recovery is no where near the 6 months the BBC reported.

The problem is with Achilles injuries and what was most noticeable in both Bailey and Vaeleaki is the speed the player loses after recovering. The injury also carries a high risk of re-occurrence.

But Richards is Superman.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

MrDave wrote:Pat Richards managed to walk off the field so hopefully his injury is not too bad and the recovery is no where near the 6 months the BBC reported.
From the horses mouth he is expecting to be out for 6 months.
fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

I'd give Graham the benefit of the doubt over that one. However, the lad needs his attitude sorting out. He got away with it last week and he got away with it on Saturday and as we know only Leeds are allowed to do that sort of thing...
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Woodentop07 wrote:Graham should be made to answer for the stamp and also the way he speaks to the officials. Ban him/fine him he will think twice before doing it again!
Dissent is an issue which should be addressed before next season rather than 'fine tuning' existing rules which just serves to frustrate players,refs and fans!

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I've done my achilles before and once its weakened which can be done quite easily it can go at ANY time. I stupidly damaged mine stopping a fire door from slamming using the back of my foot. The initial impact was a bit sore but nothing special then I had a fortnight of no pain, was walking, running and kicking a ball around perfectly normally.

The only indication anything was wrong was that it was creaking a bit which I could hear and feel with my fingers from the outside, I spoke to a doctor after about ten days and she told me it should be alright if I was pain free but to take it steady. Less than a week later I was out walking for a bus up a flyover which is the nearest thing Hull has to a hill and it snapped and it bloody hurt. Now clearly the fire door exerted far less pressure than a stamping, crying, scouser so I have no idea why some on here and RLFans seem to think there's no possible link.

A tendon can be damaged but this does not necessarily mean it'll be painful, unusable or anything of the sort and my experience tells me that it only takes something innocuous for the tendon to tear afterwards. Of course it could just be a coincidence that I'd never had any problems before til I banged it and if I hadn't it might have gone anyway as I walked up the hill. It could also be a coincidence that Pat plays all season then goes off injured in the very place he was stamped on half an hour before but I know what my money's on
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."