Sam Tomkins The Prodigy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Sam Tomkins The Prodigy

Post by Kittwazzer »

This link worked for me! :D
warriordp

Post by warriordp »

Legendary already at such a young age ..gleesons second try (started by sam) has got to be the best try ever scored in a grand final .i for one have never seen better teamwork :eusa2:
Frazzle

Post by Frazzle »

warriordp wrote:Legendary already at such a young age ..gleesons second try (started by sam) has got to be the best try ever scored in a grand final .i for one have never seen better teamwork :eusa2:

Agreed. :)
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

If he ever leaves wigan for the nrl or sells out to yawnion...... I think i'd cry uncontrollably for days.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fantastic set of video clips. I can't help thinking of Kear's watching paint dry comment when watching that and wonder if he ever regrets making himself look such a fool.

Also how different is the kind of rugby in those clips compared to the sterile rubbish we suffered for the last three seasons? Players running angles, dummy runners - its got the lot.

Dave
L18

Post by L18 »

wiganwarriordav​e​ wrote:If he ever leaves wigan for the nrl or sells out to yawnion...... I think i'd cry uncontrollably for days.
Feel it will happen one day :(
hopefully if he does, we will have had his best years and he uses the Aussies as a pay off at the back end of his career, like they so often do to SL Clubs :D
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

Sam is the most naturally talented player I've seen for twenty years. Only Shaun Edwards was remotely in the same league. Sam doesn't just have talent, pace, balance and agility, he's incredibly determined to win and seems to have stamina to burn.
Biggest threat (hopefully it won't happen) is Union. They've seen him and some agent or other will be offering him big money sooner or later. To be fair to Sam, if he stays with us for 5 years, I couldn't blame him if he then went to RU or Oz but I would hate to see him go.
At the Grand Final, the whole crowd buzzed every time he got the ball and that try that he started I've replayed so many times my daughter had to hide the remote!

Can anybody tell me more about young Logan Tomkins. Is he Sam-sized or Joel-sized? Is he going to make the first team?

TedMac
Ted Mac
L18

Post by L18 »

TedMac wrote:Sam is the most naturally talented player I've seen for twenty years. Only Shaun Edwards was remotely in the same league. Sam doesn't just have talent, pace, balance and agility, he's incredibly determined to win and seems to have stamina to burn.
Biggest threat (hopefully it won't happen) is Union. They've seen him and some agent or other will be offering him big money sooner or later. To be fair to Sam, if he stays with us for 5 years, I couldn't blame him if he then went to RU or Oz but I would hate to see him go.
At the Grand Final, the whole crowd buzzed every time he got the ball and that try that he started I've replayed so many times my daughter had to hide the remote!

Can anybody tell me more about young Logan Tomkins. Is he Sam-sized or Joel-sized? Is he going to make the first team?

TedMac
He's somewhere in between, seen him playing for the U20's alot this season. There's rumours that he's going to feature next season at some point. He plays Hooker.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Henry Paul was more naturally talented than Sam IMO

Logan is a typical hooker build. Tremendous attitude but will bloom late. Desparate for a bit more short distance speed.

Mind you nobody wanted Sam at 16. Wigan only signed him on a pay as you play when Kyle Eastmond signed for Saints.
Salsa Caliente

Post by Salsa Caliente »

Awesome in defense, brilliant in attack and seems to read the game a couple of plays ahead of everyone else.

I can't wait for The Sam Tomkins Magic Show to start again next season.

P.S. - That Joel Tomkins is a pretty decent player too.

:wink: