Gaz Hock to Penrith

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Re: Gaz Hock to Penrith

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:His neck injury is career threatening KW. Unless the surgery etc is totally successful he might well be finished.
IIRC, it was against Leeds at KR. Both he and Eastmond were taken out and Leeds went on to win!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Only Madge can be the judge if Gaz Hock is good enough to be in the Wigan squad/team.
This is irrespective of his 2 years away from Rugby League and how good the other squad players are.
If Madge says he is good enough to play, then he is.
Whats the point of waffeling on any further.
Lil Feka's Dad

Post by Lil Feka's Dad »

Panchitta Marra wrote:If Gaz Hock proves himself good enough to be selected by Michael Mcguire then that is good enough for me, simple as.

Obviously – which is why we unanimously cheer for Karl Pryce when selected.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

But has anyone actually seen Karl Pryce realise his potential? We all know what Hock can do, I think you're missing the point.

Lil Feka's Dad

Post by Lil Feka's Dad »

Sutty wrote:But has anyone actually seen Karl Pryce realise his potential? We all know what Hock can do, I think you're missing the point.
My point is the “in Madge we trust” philosophy only seems to apply to certain players.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Lil Feka's Dad wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:If Gaz Hock proves himself good enough to be selected by Michael Mcguire then that is good enough for me, simple as.

Obviously – which is why we unanimously cheer for Karl Pryce when selected.
Thats a cracking comparisson "Lil Feks'as Dad",
Didnt think Gaz Hock was anywhere near the quality of Karl Pryce.
How the hell did we win the Grand Final under Madge's guidance? :lol: :lol:
Jimbo1990

Post by Jimbo1990 »

There is strong rumours taht ive heard that he has signed a new 5 year deal with wigan and wants put the troubled time behind him any one else heard this
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Jimbo1990 wrote:There is strong rumours taht ive heard that he has signed a new 5 year deal with wigan and wants put the troubled time behind him any one else heard this
Yes!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Jimbo1990 wrote:There is strong rumours taht ive heard that he has signed a new 5 year deal with wigan and wants put the troubled time behind him any one else heard this
No, please tell us more
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Only Madge can be the judge if Gaz Hock is good enough to be in the Wigan squad/team.
All Madge can do is decide based on how he goes in training if he is worth the punt of a place in the squad.

If he gets in the squad and then gets a game it won't be just Madge who will judge if he is worth his place in the 17. The fans will. Madge might pick him every week but if he does not deliver I am afraid "in Madge we trust" doesn't work. Just as it didn't with Pryce.

Which is what the point made about Pryce is about. It is nothing to do with him not being as good a player as Hock was or realising his potential but that we don't all cheer absolutely everything Madge does when the player selected is plainly not up to it.

It's unlikely Hock will be useless but it's just not a given he will be the same player he once was (which wasn't perfect in any case by the way).

Dave