2011 Fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Susi

Re: 2011 Fixtures

Post by Susi »

Totally agree Josie, this club has been allowed so much leeway it's ridiculas.
Every season another name and different contriversy(spell).
If this was our club or any of the other long term established clubs we'd be kicked out of the league.
It blooming stinks.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Morph wrote:Interesting that a rule change was only passed last month. Wonder if there was any prior knowlegde by the RFL of the situation at the Crusaders!!
Hmm, I wonder? :roll:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
doc

Post by doc »

In the days of no promotion/relegation points deductions are pretty useless as a punishment. The deduction will hamper Crusaders chances of making the play-offs, but these were slim anyway.
exile in Tiger country

doc wrote:In the days of no promotion/relegation points deductions are pretty useless as a punishment. The deduction will hamper Crusaders chances of making the play-offs, but these were slim anyway.
They weren't any slimmer thsn last year.
The top eight system rewards mediocrity. How can a team in the bottom half of the table be classed as one of the top teams?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
ste lord wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Can't wait :)
shhh dont tell anyone but ive heard the first game is against saints :)
:o :lol: :lol: :wink:
why you think that? will we not play anyone a week before like leeds did last year?
IN WANE WE TRUST
exile in Tiger country

eccywarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
ste lord wrote: shhh dont tell anyone but ive heard the first game is against saints :)
:o :lol: :lol: :wink:
why you think that? will we not play anyone a week before like leeds did last year?
No we have to play a mid week game either before or after the WCC, because the RFL hate Wigan and want us to lose.

joeb

Post by joeb »

is the dog o/k :(
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Monday 22nd... have to join their facebook group if you want to see them before everyone else in the whole wide world! but monday they are out so get your ryanair fingers ready
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

"Exile" said that the RFL hates Wigan. Not sure I agree.

The real problem is envy. It's an awful thing and let's be honest there is much about Wigan both historically and recently for other clubs and the RFL to envy. Actually it's even quoted in the Bible somewhere. Something on the lines of "thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's ox, nor his ass, nor the pre-eminent position of Wigan Warriors". (Or something like that!)
So I'm not really sure that it's hatred - well, certainly not as much as we used to get from Twickers. And that may have been envy even then!
Stevethegas
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I've been told that Wigan Catalan on sat 4th June. Also told that they might be playing in Montpelier, if true is not good as you can't fly direct from any northern airports. Time will tell if my info is correct.