Re: Calling all site members !

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

who voted Tory or Lib Dem? stick your hands up!

mind you the wigan mp is a bit saucy...

ridiculous isnt it. On the one hand pre-election you get both the tories and lib dems defending and sort of ring fencing such funding only now to tell the voters "due to the current economic climate we have to make these sacrifices now"...

I know the Great Labour wasn't 100% effective on such issues but an unbiased view as a Labour supporter I agree with what they are saying now about these sort of cuts aren't needed at all!

£7 billion given to Ireland along with the statutory 'money pot' that we are obliged to dip into... Ridiculous. And we have £7 billion of cuts countering that it beggars belief.

Lab Lib or Tory it has been and will be the same on councils... quite some notable cases of local councils selling off public parkland and school playgrounds for housing when the community clearly uses it daily. We're just getting kids into sport now I saw the %'s on sky sports news it's a x3 increase in many cases over the last few years and from that in another 5 years we will see the fruits in competitive sport.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I think there's going to be a u-turn on this judging by an article I read on David Cameron the other day. Like the housing benefit fiasco with its potentially devastating impact on people living in London in particular and surrounding towns that will its a badly thought out policy from a party with ministers who are way out of their depth and don't care about how ordinary people are affected by their stupid policies.

Are you on twitter mate? There's a group called fact check which is really good for finding out about new policies and their affects on people without any political spin, just explains which claims by the government are true and which are lies. I follow a few users who organise and attend protests around the country and with concessions made on poorer kids tuition fees already its clear that demonstrating really works. If you're not on twitter sign up and let me know your username.

On the subject of school sports, Jeremy Hunt (with an 'H' :)) claimed in parliament last week that Labours legacy meant that 4/5 kids didn't do any sport at school whatsoever, he later backtracked and said he meant competitive sport. Cameron said that the School Sport Partnership idea wasn't affective at all and that it would be better to allow headteachers the freedom in their, already reduced, budgets to spend on sports as they see fit. He has had a lot of negative criticism and has apparently had a meeting with Jeremy Hunt saying he's not happy with the policy as it is. The partnership was set up to help schools who didn't have trained sports coaches and has been very affective in increasing participation in sport, particularly poor areas.

With this, welfare changes, business loans in Sheffield being stopped etc I've never known such a clueless government. I really can't see how this government is going to survive the backlash when the effect of the cuts are apparent because they're already clearly flustered and having to make u-turns and concessions. Things will only get worse as they are confusing necessity with party ideology and being decisive with wrecklessness.

I saw several polls a few days ago which had Labour and the Conservatives level on 40% and the yellow tories on 10%. Its incredible that so soon after an election the government are so close to being overtaken, and this is before the sweeping cuts proposed have even been made.

One good thing that will hopefully come out of the next few years is that more people in poorer areas will, through necessity, start to take more of an interest in politics and get out and vote at the next election.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jobo

Post by jobo »

gpartin wrote: One good thing that will hopefully come out of the next few years is that more people in poorer areas will, through necessity, start to take more of an interest in politics and get out and vote at the next election.
Let's hope so. Ignorance breeds apathy, or is it the other way round? Just hope that more people start to get to grips with the politicians, starting with our very own local council.
pedro

Post by pedro »

ancientnloyal wrote:who voted Tory or Lib Dem? stick your hands up!

mind you the wigan mp is a bit saucy...

ridiculous isnt it. On the one hand pre-election you get both the tories and lib dems defending and sort of ring fencing such funding only now to tell the voters "due to the current economic climate we have to make these sacrifices now"...

I know the Great Labour wasn't 100% effective on such issues but an unbiased view as a Labour supporter I agree with what they are saying now about these sort of cuts aren't needed at all!

£7 billion given to Ireland along with the statutory 'money pot' that we are obliged to dip into... Ridiculous. And we have £7 billion of cuts countering that it beggars belief.

Lab Lib or Tory it has been and will be the same on councils... quite some notable cases of local councils selling off public parkland and school playgrounds for housing when the community clearly uses it daily. We're just getting kids into sport now I saw the %'s on sky sports news it's a x3 increase in many cases over the last few years and from that in another 5 years we will see the fruits in competitive sport.
wouldnt have been that bad but Labour spent all the money we didnt have and put is seriously in debt.
pedro

Post by pedro »

jobo wrote:
gpartin wrote: One good thing that will hopefully come out of the next few years is that more people in poorer areas will, through necessity, start to take more of an interest in politics and get out and vote at the next election.
Let's hope so. Ignorance breeds apathy, or is it the other way round? Just hope that more people start to get to grips with the politicians, starting with our very own local council.
People in our area will always vote Labour due them always voting LAbour and their familis did... :roll:
doc

Post by doc »

Nice point about the banks TEW.

I get sick of the government blaming everything on the debts left behind by the previous Labour regime, conveniently ignoring the fact that the debts are due to Labour having to bail-out the Tories rich mates in the City in order to stop the economy going in to free-fall.
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

all labour voters get tired of hearing about the big dept left by labour and about the labour mps fiddling their expenses they dont like the truth,i have voted labour for about 50 years, but brown,prescott etc did not have a brain between them also gordon was never voted PM that is why i voted tory. and labour did nothing to help the miners in their struggle.
BriH

Post by BriH »

I resigned my Labour Party Membership during Gordon Brown's era.
I have now rejoined the Labour Party in order to help the fight to get rid of this Unholy Alliance.
Third generation Labour voter - come off coal mining stock and proud to say so. I was lucky - I got a degree in chemistry and only went down the pit on a visit, thank God.