Amos Roberts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Pie un Proud

Amos Roberts

Post by Pie un Proud »

Hi peeps, I was just wondering what position Amos played at today? Was it fullback in place of Sam???? Also, did he have a good game? Would be interested to know if he is nearing the form he was in last season before his injury!!
Kittwazzer

Re: Amos Roberts

Post by Kittwazzer »

He played full back and gave me the impression he has got his old confidence back.
Pie un Proud

Post by Pie un Proud »

Thanks Kittwazzer, good to hear! :)
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kittwazzer wrote:He played full back and gave me the impression he has got his old confidence back.
Hope so KW.
We had a hell of a side last season with Amos sadly missing for half of it.
It would be awesome to have him back at his best, as on that form he was looking at Man of Steel.
Panchitta Marra

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:He played full back and gave me the impression he has got his old confidence back.
Hope so KW.
It would be awesome to have him back at his best, as on that form he was looking like Man of Steel.
Panchitta Marra

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Hope so KW.
It would be awesome to have him back at his best, as on that form he was looking at Man of Steel.
The form last year was simply brilliant and he was without doubt the best import Wigan has had since king kenny on that form

If he regains that elusive running Wigan will be unstoppable this season

All my own opinions of course
Not a bad opinion at all TEW.
IMO all that Amos needed was a good coaching regime to get him back on track to his Roosters try scoring days.
Madge and co brought back that confidence, fitness and speed back and wasnt it good.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Hope so KW.
The form last year was simply brilliant and he was without doubt the best import Wigan has had since king kenny on that form

If he regains that elusive running Wigan will be unstoppable this season

All my own opinions of course
Not quite. Shaun McRae says the same thing. And he usually gets it right! :lol:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I thought that, too. Didn't miss anything, and ran it out strongly - didn't really look like getting free, but the very slippy conditions didn't suit his sidestepping. Good solid game, though nothing flash.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We don't need flashy from him. All we need is for him to get games under his belt and be confident with his leg running in a game situation. He should be fine after round 2 or 3 of SL. Here's hoping.

Good that he had a decent game today by all acounts.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

just hope he stops that sliding along the floor to stop the ball with his body and not gathering it that he tried several times at salford,