the ozzie boys

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
leeh2101

the ozzie boys

Post by leeh2101 »

people are to quick to make judgement on finch lima ect it takes time people how many ozzies cum over firing on all cylinders from day one! not many! kenny and barret maybe! but pat,amos, dallas, renouf all took a full season to settle! lets have a bit of faith in madges judgement it will all come good!
Kiwiseddon

Re: the ozzie boys

Post by Kiwiseddon »

It is true. I think the expectation of the Aussie boys is so high that if they arrive and are not scoring/making tries with every touch of the ball, they're doing something wrong. They are only human!
Hoffman though, class. Just a solid workhorse who rarely makes mistakes.
Finch, well dunno yet but he's had a major operation and hasn't played for ages. And he's in a new country and he's playing for a new team! He'll be fine.
Lima's just trying a bit too hard for me. He needs to knuckle down and get through the work rather than making a 'superplay' every time he touches the ball.

At the end of the day htese boys are good enough to hold down first team spots in one of the best club sides in the world at Storm. They are not bad players. But it isn't as simple as that.
I also think that all the opposition teams will be targeting them given their reputation.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Come the end of the season I think that everyone's opinion of Lima and Finch will have changed!

The biggest worry is Roberts. He is a highly paid player who is not performing to the standard required. Furthermore, he is occupying a quota place for the next 18 months and thereby restricting our recruitment options from the NRL. We are badly in need of a quality centre, which Roberts salary, together with Gleeson's pay packet, could give us the best from Australia. What we are not short of is wingers with more ability and commitment than Amos!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Amos has to find that 2010 form. He was even better than Phil Blake in that period. Amos has been here longer so has less mitigation.

The 3 Storm boys. Sorry but you do not play for the Storm, win GFs, play for your country, state etc etc and not be quality. All 3 will come through and be vital.
leeh2101

Post by leeh2101 »

i agree with the roberts comments he is slacking abit this season we have all seen what he is capable of he was qaulity last season until the post incident!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I do not have a problem with Finch as I can see he's quality and will come good. The Hoff is a solid team member always working his sock's off. My only concern is Jeff Lima. I know that most of our Aussie imports often take a little time to settle in so I will give him the benefit of doubt. The issue I will raise though is this. If young Josh was dropped because of a bad display against Warrington why is Roberts not dropped. Because if young Josh was dropped because of these reasons then surely Amos should be dropped for continually playing shite! I know he was fantstic last year and on last years form I would always keep him in the side. But he is just a shadow of the player he was. I can forgive the odd bad display but can we in all honesty continue with this mediocrity much longer? He does not in my opinion look as though his hearts in the game. Wigan cannot afford to carry passengers now or ever. :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

leeh2101 wrote:i agree with the roberts comments he is slacking abit this season we have all seen what he is capable of he was qaulity last season until the post incident!
And that is the $64,000 question. Beginning of last season it was like having John Ferguson back in the team. Is he capable of repeating that form? Is he preoccupied with off the field problems? Or has he lost his bottle?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Kittwazzer wrote:
leeh2101 wrote:i agree with the roberts comments he is slacking abit this season we have all seen what he is capable of he was qaulity last season until the post incident!
And that is the $64,000 question. Beginning of last season it was like having John Ferguson back in the team. Is he capable of repeating that form? Is he preoccupied with off the field problems? Or has he lost his bottle?

I think give him a few more matches to hopefully shake off the injury fully and get back his confidence. Then the acid test will be in summer with the firm grounds which will suit his speed & running style. As well, the drier conditions would help his handling, which is sometimes why the Aussies struggle to come to terms with the English climate when they come over e.g. matt king.(and to an extent he is starting over again because of all the time he was out injured).

We can all remember his top form in 2010 so it would be a pity to chuck that chance re-appering in 2011, imo.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

Don't think charnley was necessarily 'dropped'. He's a young lad who'd had a torrid time against warrington and taking him out of the firing line for a week or two was probably the best thing to do.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

yoda warrior wrote:Don't think charnley was necessarily 'dropped'. He's a young lad who'd had a torrid time against warrington and taking him out of the firing line for a week or two was probably the best thing to do.
But that is what he will feel that he has been 'dropped'!

When the team was warming up he looked really unhappy.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan