One match ban for Lima

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bourbon_rat

Re: One match ban for Lima

Post by bourbon_rat »

Both Jeff & Willie Isa copped 1 week plus 300 fine for "Dangerous throw" while choc lips Long has used the postponement of his case to do some major ass kissing :roll:
Apparently he was 'concussed' which threw his timing off.
I guess the elbow came up that high 'by accident'
I'm betting on a caution & wrist slap come Thursday to complete the comedy capers that is the RFL.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
MD

Post by MD »

You see, I think it was a foul tackle (just) and I can understand the ban (just) but what it shows is that the predjucial comments before the hearing were both completely overblown and innacurate given the punishment meted out.

Lurid headlines like Kear created together with the usual Sky muppetery only cause to highlight their own lack of understanding of how the game is played together with throwing muck Wigan's way. If their lives are so devoid of anything other than bitterness toward Wigan's successes, I actuallt pity them.

As for Lima he might as well have a big target instead of a number on his back until the media/commentators finds someone else to pick on.

I can't wait for Hemming's first comments when Hock is back. We should run a bingo with comments like, "Disgraced"; "Drug Cheat" and "Ruined the great game of Rugby League" - likely all to be on the card.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Lima has made a rod for his own back.

The tackle while not as bad as people made out wasnt good either. He has far from impressed me so far, and been our 3rd or 4th best prop Coley being the stand out for me this year again!. I know people think he's getting a hard time because he is new but for me he just doesn't look like ever being anything more than a run of the mill prop.

Finch hasnt settled but i can see he's a class act he just isnt on the same page as the rest of the team, hoffman, well he's already proved he is a great capture for the side.

Lima, well, im not saying he's been poor, but he's been far less than what i expected. I was hoping for a Morley, Peacock or Graham, a go to guy a prop everyone feared but like i said for me he's probably our 3rd or 4th best prop, id put coley, preccy and mossop infront of him.

one thing is for sure though he's never going to get away with any 50/50 call again now and anywhere he can be banned he will.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

[Modern day Brian Case IMO[/quote]

A good comparison CP. Let's not forget that Brian turned out to be a stalwart and one of our most consistent performers.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wes

Post by Wes »

wigan forever I think a lot of people are missing the point, expectations where set for an enforcer an enforcer Lima is not hes a work horse but IMO he will come good once he has adapted to Super League his quality will shine through.

Not many enforcers around either they are becoming a rare breed!
OJ

Post by OJ »

cpwigan wrote:The Jeff Lima sin binning / suspension / media assassination is one of the worst decisions ever made in RL.
I'm sure there may have been worse ones cp but you are dead right about the media assassination and almost wonder if there hadn't been such an outcry from various coaches, wannabee pundits and even Terry O'Connor and Barry McDermott on the tries programme on Monday night that the whole thing would have just gone away. Can't help but feel if those who sit and knit round the guillotine at Red Hall had thought it was really bad or the intent had really been there to do the other player an injury then the ban would have been much heftier.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Wes

Post by Wes »

hey OJ and how wrong is it asking Baz Mc when he is heavily involved at Leeds where is the sense?
OJ

Post by OJ »

Point taken. There was me thinking folk would be honest and un-biased like Hemmings :blush: :blush: :blush: oh wait a minute ................... :eh:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Hope they don't appeal Morph, it makes us as bad as them if we do, although i will stand by the descision if that's what Wigan decide..
It's not a big game he'll miss....hang on though..they beat Warrington last week.. gulp! come on Madge let's appeal.. :redf: :redf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

OJ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The Jeff Lima sin binning / suspension / media assassination is one of the worst decisions ever made in RL.
I'm sure there may have been worse ones cp but you are dead right about the media assassination and almost wonder if there hadn't been such an outcry from various coaches, wannabee pundits and even Terry O'Connor and Barry McDermott on the tries programme on Monday night that the whole thing would have just gone away. Can't help but feel if those who sit and knit round the guillotine at Red Hall had thought it was really bad or the intent had really been there to do the other player an injury then the ban would have been much heftier.
OJ the reason why I think this was so horrendous is because it defies logic. Lima finished up lying flat on the floor when all and sundry took offence, IMO in a pre-meditated manner, so his tackle was as low as can be. The essence of safe defending is to tackle low. The moment low tackling is penalised is a sorry day for RL.

Lima made at least 3 other similar low tackles in the Leeds game as 3rd man in. He is simply following what is required in the modern era. Numerous other players performed similar / identical tackles in the match from both teams.

To compound the lunancy. Jeff Lima is actually one of the cleanest tacklers in SL. Watch his first man tackles; all perfectly legal, never in the face of an opponent.

If people want to throw mud, Ben Cross IMO commited a far worse challenge attempting to inflict injury on Sam Tomkins. Cross not happy with that then threw a punch at Tomkins. Silverwood did nothing, the RFl did nothing. Earlier in the game Sam was accused by the referee WRONGLY and by commentators of holding a tackler down. You will notice Sam has now started lying spread eagled to show he isn't doing anything. Yet the best referee in SL is so brainwashed by the RFL media (anybody who thinks referees are not influenced, trust me they all are. Moreso now as FT employees where they have far too much free time) that Sam T is branded WRONGLY a cheat. If Agar cannot criticise a referee then the same rules apply to referees and indeed coaches acting as media pundits.

Bailey; GENUINE SCUM. (Anybody think Buderus awarding his MOM money to Tokyo was a PR exercise?) is wearing a long bandage across his lower arm, he is deliberately rubbing the bandaged area in players faces. He is not the first. Westy used to do it. However, in this day and age it should not happen.

The RFL has placed a target on Lima and given the message react to anything / everything involving him. Totally unfair and a disgrace.