3 Bad Signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

3 Bad Signings

Post by Kittwazzer »

Madge arrived last year and turned an above average side into a very good one, thereby cementing his reputation as a brilliant coach. Best season in years and we should have built on it but we didn't.

We signed 3 expensive players from the 'Mighty Storm' to take us to the next level. They have wiped out last seasons achievements and taken us backwards!

Finch. Can't see us winning a game with him in the side. Lazy, slacker, bottler and only here for the money.

Lima. More than likely be banned for more games than he plays. Not that he's all that bloody good when he's on the pitch!

Hoffman. Best of the 3 by far but we were never short in the second row!

We lost Piggy and should have focussed on replacing him whilst developing Mellor and Powell.
Frankly, I would play Chris Taylor before I let Finch put the shirt on again!
white elephant

Re: 3 Bad Signings

Post by white elephant »

Finch... If thats all You have to offer.. GO HOME!!!!!!!!!
:angry:
WIGAN TILL I DIE

LATCHY

Post by LATCHY »

am i right in thinking hoffman is on the shortest contract of the three yet puts in more effort than the other 2 put together, do you think finch might just want to return home on "compassionate grounds", lima just isnt what we expected, we needed a tough enforcer type prop not another work horse, weve got enough of them in coaley, prescott and mossop.

just hope mags drops finch for the next game and deacon gets back asap, we need a play maker.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

white elephant wrote:Finch... If thats all You have to offer.. GO HOME!!!!!!!!!
:angry:
YEAH and take Pat Richards with you
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Come on Medlocke FFS, his first game back after an injury that could have ended his career. All things considered I don't think Pat had that bad a game!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:Come on Medlocke FFS, his first game back after an injury that could have ended his career. All things considered I don't think Pat had that bad a game!
Josie, I think Medlocke is referring to Pats first season and suggesting we allow Finch to take the piss (and the money) for a whole first season!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Too early for me - juries out.

Lima. Physically better than his predecessor, but is dirty but not subtle with it. Please contact Brain Fletcher for lessons in BS101 "Dirty play & sh&thousing whilst appearing innocent." Trying to end players seasons isn't hard. It's just reckless.

Finch. He's had several vertabrae fused. That's not trivial. Given his short recovery time from operation I'll give him more time. He looked very stiff and awkward tonight and defencively lax.

Hoffman. He's quality and offers a lot. As the season progresses and Hock comes back we should be able to rotate through the abundance of richs in the second row and keep the squad fit and healthy.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Come on Medlocke FFS, his first game back after an injury that could have ended his career. All things considered I don't think Pat had that bad a game!
Josie, I think Medlocke is referring to Pats first season and suggesting we allow Finch to take the piss (and the money) for a whole first season!
If that is what he meant, I apologise Meds :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
If that is what he meant, I apologise Meds :blush:
:eusa9: :D
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Kitti I'm sorry but Hoffman has had one bad game, but IMO he has been outstanding so far this season & I think he has brought a lot to the team this season. Lima in pre season frienlies was also outstanding but yet in superleague so far he has been at best average IMO, I don't know why but he has . Also Finch has so far not lived upto my expectations but it is still early doors yet.