Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
LATCHY

Re: Tonights game

Post by LATCHY »

Unfortunatly everyone will make errors, but if you dont have a squad member that is prepared to tackle and chase, then he shouldent be on the field, we might not of won if finch wasnt there, but we wouldnt have looked so dissinterested.

Why do theese players come over here and suddenly drop in performance?? he has hoffman outside him for most plays and still carnt throw a decent pass, just about every pass was suicide.

Is finch not sopposed to be an organiser?? :angry:
OJ

Post by OJ »

LATCHY wrote:mags needs to stick to his mantra of picking players on performance,
I was saying something similar while watching this debacle because if Madge picks his team on performance he's got a big job on next week! Personally I wouldn't want to single anyone out for criticism as the overall performance left a lot to be desired. Just what the devil happened to that team we had last year who all played for one another and were eager and determined. It beggared belief tonight. C'est la vie

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

doc

Post by doc »

As Rads said in the SS bar after the match, the display was embarassing and unacceptable.

What was annoying was that it was Snr. players who went missing. My MoM went to Marsh, just because he actually made an effort and chased back when Cats broke to score, despite it being a lost cause.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

botica wrote:Sorry you can't put the full blame at Finch's door! Sure he could have done better but Tommy could not have took a player out off the ball, Joel could have kept hold of the ball, we could have made the ball safe when it went to ground in front of the cats line and we could have defended a full set of 6 in the 1st half. We could have not given penalties away for nowt!! How can two consecutive sets result in two attacking with just the fullback to beat!! Oh and Sam get some boots with studs, you might stay on your feet. I didn't leave early I never will. But i am very disapointed and hope someone kicks some life into the squad. :(
Jackie. I'm afraid you can! The other players you mention were all part of last season's fantastic squad. Finch does not belong with us. He is not fitting in and doesn't seem to be bothered Why should he be? He's being paid megabucks for looking Pretty in Pink!
You mentioned Tommy. There you have a player who suffered an ultimate indignity playing for Wigan. You ever see Bret doing that!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

botica wrote:Sorry you can't put the full blame at Finch's door! Sure he could have done better but Tommy could not have took a player out off the ball, Joel could have kept hold of the ball, we could have made the ball safe when it went to ground in front of the cats line and we could have defended a full set of 6 in the 1st half. We could have not given penalties away for nowt!! How can two consecutive sets result in two attacking with just the fullback to beat!! Oh and Sam get some boots with studs, you might stay on your feet. I didn't leave early I never will. But i am very disapointed and hope someone kicks some life into the squad. :(
I didn't leave early, but I was gutted by to-nights performance. The halves are suppose to organise & move the rest of the team around the pitch not straight up the middle, again! That is how we used to play. Last year we were playing out to the wings, we have not played like that so far this season.

We have not played the same players in the same position all season! You cannot win games when your team is so disjointed. Think the only player to play in their own position this season is George!

I'm sorry but tonight is the first night I have gone straight home instead of the SS bar. Couldn't face what Kris had to say.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
RJ

Post by RJ »

A shameful performance that I would be happy to forget. Unfortunately we seem to have a team of individuals again who are not playing for each other and don't seem to be reading plays very well at all. Come on Madge and Wayne - sort the b*****s out before it's too late.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
bendy hendy 5 wrote:How can we go from being the best defense last season..........to this!!!!!!! unbeleivable
The answer is simple. Brett Finch!
Not true. We looked no better v Hull and he wasn't playing. What games have we really played well in this season? Hudds is the only top side we have done well against.

Out defence out wide was appalling. Goulding got subbed because he was a liability I assume (he didn't look injured) and had his worst game I have ever seen and was at fault for two tries. He was under no pressure to make one kick with no player within a yard but dropped it. He did the exactly same again a few minutes later and granted he was under more pressure but nothing a winger should not deal with when he had got hands to the ball first which he did on both occasions.

Finch must wonder what team he's walked into because its not a champion side at the moment. We were chasing the game after a mere 18 minutes and yes he gave an interception but Lockers did v Wire when trying daft passes to pull pack a seriously bad situation.

If Finch is the problem with Charnley on the bench Madge could have taken him off and moved Sam to 6 with Pat at FB but he didn't. Mind you he didn't change anything until it was way too late and while TL made yards at 9 late on it was long after Les Cats new the game was won.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote: I'm sorry but tonight is the first night I have gone straight home instead of the SS bar. Couldn't face what Kris had to say.
Ripoff prices have kept us out of SSB all season. But according to Bilko, Rad slammed the performance and Lenegan turned up to apologise.

Something is not right in the camp!
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Seemed like no one put in but it is easy to blame one player. :(
botica

Post by botica »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Jackie. I'm afraid you can! The other players you mention were all part of last season's fantastic squad. Finch does not belong with us. He is not fitting in and doesn't seem to be bothered Why should he be? He's being paid megabucks for looking Pretty in Pink!
You mentioned Tommy. There you have a player who suffered an ultimate indignity playing for Wigan. You ever see Bret doing that!
I am not saying he played well!! But he wasn't to blame on his own... You must have seen it too. A fantastic squad last season yes they were, but we have to move forward and not live on laurels of last season. Just being in last seasons squad doesn't make you faultless now.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010