3 Bad Signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: 3 Bad Signings

Post by Kittwazzer »

gillysmyhero wrote:Kitti I'm sorry but Hoffman has had one bad game, but IMO he has been outstanding so far this season & I think he has brought a lot to the team this season. Lima in pre season frienlies was also outstanding but yet in superleague so far he has been at best average IMO, I don't know why but he has . Also Finch has so far not lived upto my expectations but it is still early doors yet.
Agree that Hoff is OK. But we haven't won a game with Finch which,IMO, is because of Finch. Played 3 Won 0
Just wish we hadn't signed any of em. Convinced we could have used our Salary Cap better than we have!
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

medlocke wrote:
white elephant wrote:Finch... If thats all You have to offer.. GO HOME!!!!!!!!!
:angry:
YEAH and take Pat Richards with you
Pat wasnt that bad!!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Why have a go at these three when all the team is not playing as they sgould be?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Why have a go at these three when all the team is not playing as they sgould be?
:eusa2:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:Madge arrived last year and turned an above average side into a very good one, thereby cementing his reputation as a brilliant coach. Best season in years and we should have built on it but we didn't.

We signed 3 expensive players from the 'Mighty Storm' to take us to the next level. They have wiped out last seasons achievements and taken us backwards!

Finch. Can't see us winning a game with him in the side. Lazy, slacker, bottler and only here for the money.

Lima. More than likely be banned for more games than he plays. Not that he's all that bloody good when he's on the pitch!

Hoffman. Best of the 3 by far but we were never short in the second row!

We lost Piggy and should have focussed on replacing him whilst developing Mellor and Powell.
Frankly, I would play Chris Taylor before I let Finch put the shirt on again!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Hoffman is a very good player, reminds me a bit of Bryan Fletcher I have no problems with him.

Lima is hit and miss, sometimes he looks like an excellent prop other times he does nothing...plus is discipline is shocking.

Brett Finch just reminds me of the mistakes of the past, bringing an Aussie into a key position and presuming he wil play well. It's true that Richards had a rubbish first season but has been excellent since but Pat was playing in a team going through a huge transition, plus he was playing out of position. Wigan are defending champions, we shouldn't have to take a step backwards to go forwards...i thought writing off seasons to let players 'gel' was a thing of the past.
pedro

Post by pedro »

white elephant wrote:Finch... If thats all You have to offer.. GO HOME!!!!!!!!!
:angry:
Hes like Tim Smith without being able to pass or kick well, 2 good passes in 2 games......
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Why have a go at these three when all the team is not playing as they sgould be?
Because 'these three' are the major difference between last season and this and obviously the reason why the team are not performing!! :o
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

how about we're now the team to be shot at, we've had a wcc to distract us and the halves and back line have had to be swapped around more than at any point last year.
there's plenty of 'major differences' if you know what to look for.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Because 'these three' are the major difference between last season and this and obviously the reason why the team are not performing!! :o
Constant team change through injuries, suspensions, new players trying to settle in,
End of Leadership group captain rotation?
End of hooker rotation/minus Piggy,
No Stuart Fielden, some even say No Feka,
Home form poor at the end of last season, continued in 2011. Plenty bad form well before 3 players especially Finch,
Fickle fans in part to blame for Home form / Away form discrepancy, CONFIDENCE is huge in sport,
Different conditioning, geared more to later in season? look how well players finish the game but how lack lustre they start?
Madge rumours, Look at Hudds when they had similar rumours, even Brown announcing he was leaving

SO SO MANY POSSIBLE REASONS, LETS CARRY ON BLAME,

Bring back the stocks