The much maligned Finch

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

The much maligned Finch

Post by cpwigan »

I suggest people incl RL editors like Danny Lockwood watch the last 5 minutes of the Wigan Saints Derby. This man has a class / cool head when it matters.
Woodentop07

Re: The much maligned Finch

Post by Woodentop07 »

Having a good game today cp, good work rate and nice touches!!
I thought he changed the game on good friday and went very well.
I'm with you cp on finch, cant understand people saying he is rubbish!
Wigan til i die!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

He's put some great balls in today, excellent game overall
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Woodentop07 wrote:Having a good game today cp, good work rate and nice touches!!
I thought he changed the game on good friday and went very well.
I'm with you cp on finch, cant understand people saying he is rubbish!
I think most people just wanted to see more work rate from him.As I have said on a number of occasions he just needed more game time and connection with the team.Nobody expected him to be up and running immediately.Though before fridays game I was beginning to despair a little. Still feel he will be a class act. :D
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Gonna take a lot more than good 5 minutes against Stains and a decent display against a near Championship side to convince me, just cause he is Australian and came from Melbourne doesn't mean he is automatically class.
Up The Mont!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I didn't notice Finch much today tbh
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

He put some decent kicks and passes in and plenty of tackles but looks confident, most importantly!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

He was excellent today in all facets of the game.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The thing about Finch is that he sees and does things naturally, very simply but deadly. Most halfbacks today play by instruction and stay split come what may. Finch is like Edwards, hovering behind the POTB and moving to which side benefits the team most. In the last play v Saints, Deacs is hailed for supplying the pass to Faz but if you look Finch decided to stand inside Deacs and create overlap potential. How many times on a 50/50 split do you see two halfbacks together these days? My guess, hardly ever, as rarer as rocking horse droppings.

We have ourselves a SMART footballer!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:The thing about Finch is that he sees and does things naturally, very simply but deadly. Most halfbacks today play by instruction and stay split come what may. Finch is like Edwards, hovering behind the POTB and moving to which side benefits the team most. In the last play v Saints, Deacs is hailed for supplying the pass to Faz but if you look Finch decided to stand inside Deacs and create overlap potential. How many times on a 50/50 split do you see two halfbacks together these days? My guess, hardly ever, as rarer as rocking horse droppings.

We have ourselves a SMART footballer!
Spot on. Whist we're at it who was the clown on here who didn't rate Hoffman?