Fans Forum

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Fans Forum

Post by Kittwazzer »

Its also a great incentive for the youngsters to realise if they stick around, they will be at their peak at a time when contract negotiations can't be influenced by salary cap constraints!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

josie andrews wrote:
We have only 3 overseas players, Finch, Hoffman & Lima.
Roberts?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:

I really think that this is the way it should be. I've thought for a long time that the cap is too strict and i actually think that this is the perfect loophole to loosen it. There won't be that many players doing 10 years for a single club and certainly not many of them as good a player as Lockers in terms of commanding a high wage.
I can only think of Sinfield who may be in a similar position. Senior and Wellens are probably off-cap but well past their 'best before' date!
Burrow, McGuire, JJB ?

Roby at Saints eventually

Great move by the RFL
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GeoffN wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Roberts?
I'm just repeating what Mr Lenegan said last night Geoff. I am just assuming that those are the three he was referring to.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sounds like a productive forum all told
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

no chance of new signings in centre unless some one world class comes up, marsh needs to be given a chance but expects that next year

Marsh will be given a chance but I bet KP is ahead of him in the pecking order next year! Let's not forget that the only reason KP is attached to Wigan is because of IL's insistence.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: no chance of new signings in centre unless some one world class comes up, marsh needs to be given a chance but expects that next year

Marsh will be given a chance but I bet KP is ahead of him in the pecking order next year! Let's not forget that the only reason KP is attached to Wigan is because of IL's insistence.
Goulding too?

A punt on a Union player, a relatively unknown NRL youngster?

Re-sign Thornley?

Totally agree though outside backs of quality are scarce in British RL.
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

cpwigan wrote:
onedego wrote:Incidentally, not too sure if I heard Kris correctly, but did he say that Ian Lenegan hired the military guy to keep Hock in shape while he was out?
No Wigan found the military guy from their contacts. Gaz Hock funded the coach out of his own pocket. Contrary to what some people think the ban cost Hock a lot financially.
Thats not what Rads said last night. He said that IL employed the military guy
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

pete&kaz wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
onedego wrote:Incidentally, not too sure if I heard Kris correctly, but did he say that Ian Lenegan hired the military guy to keep Hock in shape while he was out?
No Wigan found the military guy from their contacts. Gaz Hock funded the coach out of his own pocket. Contrary to what some people think the ban cost Hock a lot financially.
Thats not what Rads said last night. He said that IL employed the military guy
Well he got it wrong Pete
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherry.pie wrote:
GeoffN wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Roberts?
If I'm not mistaken Roberts is one of the three, Jeff Lima does not count as he has a Samoan passport.
:eusa4: :eusa4: Forgot about Jeff's Samoan passport
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan